Please Write A Trip Report

I know we have a lot more trip report readers, than trip report writers. Some others have said they might write one. Please do it!!! Not only do we all enjoy reading them (all of them, even if it's not the Fort) but, I also learned a valuable lesson today.

I had gotten lazy in the last year, adding pics to my computer without actually printing them and putting them in an album. "One of these days, I'll print them or burn to a disc" :rolleyes:

My computer crashed on Saturday. The only thing on it that can't be replaced are those pictures, including ones of my Grandfather on our last visit together.

The good news: All of my Disney pictures and fiend pictures were uploaded to photobucket, so at least I still have those. If I hadn't done trip reports, they would be gone too!

So if you go on a trip, tell us about it!! You don't have to write a lengthy report and give us all the details, even a quick one is a good one. You will also be glad that you have that "back up" if your computer bites the dust! :(

This doesn't help S70, but there are programs that back your stuff up to the internet. They are wicked easy to setup. The one I use (full disclosure, my wife works for EMC and we get it for free0 is Mozy. When ever the computer is idle it does a backup.

but you should at least post pics of your trip anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

This doesn't help S70, but there are programs that back your stuff up to the internet. They are wicked easy to setup. The one I use (full disclosure, my wife works for EMC and we get it for free0 is Mozy. When ever the computer is idle it does a backup.

but you should at least post pics of your trip anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

Thanks Dan, it actually does help me (For next time lol) I will look into that when I get my computer back from the ER.

I agree Stef! We try to keep all photos on the memory card until they actually make it to a disk. But a disaster could take them both out. Having them on phtotobucket is a great insurance policy should anything ever happen. I'm actually trying to get all I can on photobucket and not just WDW trips. The ones from my phone upload automatically. Doing a TR is a great way to journal your thoughts as well. I saved my old one from the other site on Word Document. I still like to reread it every now and then. :) That reminds me i never finished transferring it here. Guess after I'm finished with the current one I should get on that. :D

I agree Stef! We try to keep all photos on the memory card until they actually make it to a disk. But a disaster could take them both out. Having them on phtotobucket is a great insurance policy should anything ever happen. I'm actually trying to get all I can on photobucket and not just WDW trips. The ones from my phone upload automatically. Doing a TR is a great way to journal your thoughts as well. I saved my old one from the other site on Word Document. I still like to reread it every now and then. :) That reminds me i never finished transferring it here. Guess after I'm finished with the current one I should get on that. :D

Good point KFK! I always felt good that I had them printed and put into an album, but God forbid, a fire, tornado, hurricane, etc...they would more than likely take those too. Online is definitely the way to go. They're always there and can be found from any place.

So sorry you lost some important family pictures. Thanks for sharing a great tip!!

Thank you. That was the only thing that I really cared about :'(

But, lesson learned! I would hate to see someone experience the same thing, so upload your pics to an online site! :popo: