Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2011

From WDW News Today...

What’s New & Notable at Not-So-Scary 2011

Posted on August 29, 2011

MNSSHPglobalflier-463x600.jpg

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom is a perennial guest favorite for the character meet and greets, special entertainment, and of course, the candy. If you are planning on attending any of the parties this year, you’ll want to check out this nifty guide we’ve compiled. We’ve even included a few things you won’t find on any Disney provided guide:

Treat Trails (Candy Stations)

• Trader Sam’s Tiki Treats – Jungle Cruise Landing
  • Louis Gator’s Bayou Goodies – Riverboat Landing
  • Pirate’s Booty Treats – Pirates of the Caribbean queue
  • Woody’s Happy Harvest – Diamond Horseshoe
  • Peter’s Candy Flight – Peter Pan extended queue
  • Br’er Rabbits Laughing Place Candy Patch – Splash Mountain queue, features 3 candy stops
  • Pinocchio’s Candy Closet – Pinocchio’s Village Haus Patio area (Werthers)
  • Max’s Pit Stop Treats – Speedway between the Merchandise cart and the Tea Cups
  • Town Square Theater – Exit of Mickey & Minnie meet and greet
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Candy Blast – Buzz Lightyear meet and greet area
  • Tour Guide Gardens – Exit of Duffy meet and greet
  • Stitch’s Spaceport Snacks – Tomorrowland Plaza (by Space Mountain FastPass)
  • Stitch’s Great Escape Treats – Stitch’s Great Escape (not advertised)
  • Turnstiles
  • Tomorrowland Terrace – Kellogg’s and Disney Interactive
  • Kiss Goodnight Treat Trough – Available after first parade
Special Event Entertainment
  • Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade – Magic Kingdom Parade Route – 8:15pm and 10:30pm
  • Happy Hallo’Wishes’ - Park Wide – 9:30pm
  • Villian’s Mix & Mingle – Castle Stage – 7:45pm, 8:50pm, 10:05pm and 11:15pm
  • Stitch’s Club 626 Dance Party – Rockettower Plaza Stage, Tomorrowland – featuring: Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale and Stitch – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Woody’s Happy Harvest Dance Party – Diamond Horseshoe, Liberty Square – featuring: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am

Character Meet and Greets

• Mickey and Minnie – Town Square Theater, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Disney Princesses – Town Square Theater, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Duffy the Disney Bear – Tour Guide Gardens, Main Street – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Pooh and Friends – Flag Pole Planter, Town Square, Main Street – Cntinuous (except for Parade times) 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Disney Villian’s – Castle Hub – Continuous (except for Parade times) – featuring: Captain Hook, Step Sister & Lady Tremaine, Lotso, Jafar, Hades, Gaston
  • 7 Dwarfs – Splash Mountain Exit, Frontierland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Madame Carlotta and Rinotta (back to back) – Haunted Mansion lawn -Liberty Square – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tiana and Naveen – Enchanted Glade, Liberty Square – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tinker Bell and Disney Fairies – Adventureland Veranda, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Donald and Daisy – Gazebo outside Veranda, Adventureland – Continuous (except for Parade times) 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Timon and Rafiki – next to Swiss Family Treehouse, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Tarzan, Jane and Terk – Veranda Porch, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and Abu – Next to Carpet ride, Adventureland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Alice and Mad Hatter – Mad Tea Party, Fantasyland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am
  • Buzz Lightyear – Galaxy Gate, Tomorrowland – Continuous 7:00pm to 12:00am

• 2 weeks later...

From WDW Magic...

Disney's Villains Mix and Mingle show to be expanded this Halloween

Aug 30, 2011

Disney's Villains Mix and Mingle show is set to be expanded for this year's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party events. No word yet on the specifics, but we are told to look for some new additions to the show. The first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party begins on September 13 2011, and you can read all the details and pricing here.

You can see photos from last year's "Villains Mix and Mingle" show here.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Disneys-Villain-Mix-and-Mingle/News/30Aug2011-Disney%27s-Villains-Mix-and-Mingle-show-to-be-expanded-this-Halloween.htm

From WDW Magic...

2011 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party guidemap

Sep 13, 2011

Here is a look at this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party guide map. The party starts this year tonight!

More information here.

Click the thumbnails for the large versions.

Share|

Copyright 2011 The Walt Disney Company

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Thumb_14271.jpg?Expires=1315966654&Signature=Vz8K4448WC2WMSGbVtgPcAQrmImOGbsvwqkUtSmdZSmC8RTkt-BMmsgxemQfOGce1au4hdkUZkzcroRKyK2LG1kA4K4zJlZCjrfZ-INay5VS81hwHiN7aK7PU-G7JcTul7aR-Q5QmdvFInoBqLpkbC5F-lvd0z67Dfy3XUb78Gk_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Thumb_14272.jpg?Expires=1315966654&Signature=EFi8GGttaMWzxMAVqGbViBywmJd5BhfeoulFGNzynWQnKwcdh6aMniiTCwjNHhtuXzlSZQRAW3zo7NtLze%7EC7Tvkk-ZRbtgKv07WrkiT1xPh8qt4UsyDH8EUZQtACPMgCrAD9HE-VOehpz913y45RdOj8aHScOP08YRI8gCzVH0_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party/News/13Sep2011-2011-Mickey%27s-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party-guidemap.htm

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Boo to You: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Scares Up Fun at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on September 13th, 2011 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

pat593343SMALL.jpg

Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than by attending a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park.

Parties, which take place from 7 p.m. – midnight on select evenings September-November, feature trick-or-treat locations, Disney characters in costume, enhanced holiday décor and special stage shows. Two major highlights are the Boo-to-You Halloween parade, which features the Headless Horseman, Disney characters in Halloween regalia and the stars of The Haunted Mansion. Another is the Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular, which illuminates the park in glittering color and light.

Dates for this year’s party nights are: Sept. 13, 16, 20, 23, 27 and 30, Oct. 2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31, and Nov. 1. Prices vary based on event night.

Oh, and don’t forget that dressing in costume is encouraged! Here’s a look back at some of our “best-dressed” guests from last year.

Take a look back at more fun from last year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/boo-to-you-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-scares-up-fun-at-magic-kingdom-park/

A report from MouseSteps on the first party of the season. This goes on for pages and pages, so I'm just posting part 1 here. Follow the link at the end for the full report

Hi everyone!

We attended the first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party of the season, which did include some changes from last year. The biggest change is probably the Villains Mix & Mingle, I'm not sure I like it as much as previous years - but it's still a lot of fun.

This is my 5th year covering Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! Would you like see what other years look like? Check out my photo updates from 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2007.

The best change this year is that the candy has gotten better. It's not to the quality of last year's Disneyland Mickey's Halloween Party, but still a major improvement. I figured it would be once I saw that both Kellogg's and Werthers were sponsoring the event!

The one thing we lacked this time was character photos - on our next visit, we'll photograph Mickey and Minnie, Duffy and more! We actually asked a number of Cast Members where we could find Duffy, and all of them said "Epcot". Once we found out his location from friends, we were just a few minutes too late!

I forgot to have my camera out for the toll booth, so we turned around and stopped at the Hess to get it out before heading back through :)

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

Our tickets were hard plastic. Many Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets aren't, but I was happy to have this ticket media!

IMG_2164.jpg

This sign says that the monorail stops one hour after park closing. In actuality, we were told it closed at 10:30pm (the Magic Kingdom officially closed at 7pm). Either way, plan your travel accordingly. I don't know if some guests may have cut their evening short just to be able to catch the monorail.

IMG_2168.jpg

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party display:

IMG_2170.jpg

We already have Magic Kingdom Halloween decoration and display photos here! (nearly 200 of them!), so I won't be repeating much of what I've already posted.

We entered into the Magic Kingdom - there were plenty of Cast Members on hand with wristbands. The wristbands are a whole new design this year! Pumpkin buckets were being sold before you walked under the train station, but free bags are handed out for Trick-or-Treating. I like that Disney has decorated with lots of garland, it makes it look like autumn exploded on Main Street!

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

This years display at Town Square includes pumpkins that were in front of the Main Street Train Station (moved due to the addition of the Magic, Memories and You sign).

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

These Mickey wreaths are new this year, different from 2010:

IMG_2194.jpg

Still my favorite pumpkin, a restroom directional sign!

IMG_2198.jpg

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=668&Itemid=37