When we went last year, I sent a fax about 5 days before I scheduled to arrive. Rather than requesting a loop, I explained what we were looking for (close to pool/sing-along as my dh is disabled). They gave us the perfect spot.

BTW, Welcome! :welcome:

• 4 weeks later...

Ask for a specific loop when you first book.. Then 10 days out call front desk ( they can't see your reservation till then..) get a desk mgr on the phone or it will mean nothing ( learned that the hard way ) ask for a specific site.. most always they will do it for you..

Just remember that a request is just that - there are no guarantees.

Also remember to make sure you're requesting a loop that's in line with the level of site you actually reserved - i.e., if you booked Preferred, that means loops 100, 200 or 300.

It seems to be harder to get what you request if you're checking in during a busy time or day and some think you have better luck requesting what you want in a site/loop vs a specific number. For example "close to comfort station, bus stop, etc.."

We pretty much always book Preferred Pet - which generally guarantees us 300, although Disney has been known to put pet people just about anywhere if they have to.

We do have a short list of sites we like and usually include our top 5. Site assignments are supposedly only done about 4 days out from your arrival so if someone else is already in a site you've requested on the day you're checking in, there's no way they can give it to you. We also include notes about why we want the sites we do - for us that means close to dog walk. That way if all else fails hopefully they'll at least accommodate that if they can't give us a specific site we want.

That said, we've been really lucky to get one of our top 3 requests the last 5 years. Then again we generally always check in during slower times too.

Good luck!