The Tune-In Lounge is located to the left of the 50s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios. In addition to serving as the waiting area for the restaurant, there is a good size and full bar there as well where you can sit, order drinks and also order off the full 50s Prime Time menu.... without an ADR! (shhh.... don't tell anyone)

6342338457_c5f293a625_b.jpg

The decor here is fun and very detailed in typical Disney style. Here is the bar. I forgot to count but there are probably 15 seats, give or take...

6343117380_ebbb819f74_b.jpg

6342343377_861afd8d78_b.jpg

There are also a couple of "living room" areas setup with some additional seats...

6342345093_3deeece4eb_b.jpg

6342353213_00e5ca7978_b.jpg

6342346693_8c23d4e436_b.jpg

There are loads of great details around here too see, but look what I found lurking on a shelf!

6343112450_b4216a0cef_b.jpg

We wandered in mid-afternoon on a Monday and the place was almost completely empty - just a couple of other people seated at the other end of the bar.

We saw at the left end of the bar and were served immediately. For those of you that think your draft beer choices at WDW are limited to Budweiser products and Yuengling, here is proof that you can also get Blue Moon...

6299529414_d9c128573a_z.jpg

Here's the food menu...

50s-Prime-Time-front.jpg

You can find the entire 50s Prime Time menu HERE.

We didn't want a huge meal, but were fairly hungry as we'd skipped lunch. We decided we'd order a few appetizers to share.

Here's what we ordered...

Aunt Annie's Seafood Salad - Lump Blue Crab, Bay Scallops, and Shrimp tossed in Citrus Vinaigrette served on seasonal Greens $9.99

6342370591_b593ab9e1f_b.jpg

I know it doesn't look very substantial at first glance, but it had 3 very large shrimp, a fair bit of crab and quite a few scallops...

6342374897_0943660888_b.jpg

The dressing was very nice - bright and not overdone and just the right amount. The seafood was served chilled and was cooked well - not overdone and rubbery or dried out at all. The greens and other veg were fresh and it all went together very nicely.

This definitely was appetizer sized but not what I'd call a skimpy portion. I would definitely order this again.

Beer-battered Onion Rings for Two - served with Horseradish Sauce $7.99

6342372243_405b6580a7_b.jpg

Hot and fresh from the fryer, nice batter, not too heavy or greasy and well-cooked, sweet onions inside. Horseradish sauce was pretty mild but had good flavor (I'm a big horseradish fan and would have liked more).

Cousin Amy's Iceberg Lettuce Wedge - Blue Cheese Dressing, Bacon, and Chives $5.49

6343123754_2ede8f8da0_b.jpg

If you enjoy a good wedge salad, this one was a winner and a pretty hefty portion at that. Nearly 1/2 a head of fresh, crisp iceberg lettuce with a healthy scoop of real bacon bits and plenty of blue cheese dressing packed with a TON of blue cheese.

I think if I'd ordered this salad and a full meal there's no way I'd have been able to finish.

By the time we got our food the bar and waiting area had started to fill up as it was getting close to dinner time. Service got a bit slow then and servers changed shifts. We had to wait a while for our bill, but we weren't really in a hurry so it was fine. Remember that this bar also serves the restaurant, so if lunch/dinner is in full swing, service may slow down some.

We were able to use our Tables in Wonderland 20% discount here and including our beers and tip we got out for less than $40 - a steal by Disney dining standards and we were plenty full.

Given the scarcity of really good counter service food at Hollywood Studios, and the fact that you don't need an ADR here, this was a pleasant surprise and a place we'll definitely be returning to.