One of our favorite spots to sit in the shade, enjoy a beverage and people watch. In fact there have been days we've spent hours here! :)

From the Disney Food blog...

Review: High Octane Refreshments at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Nov 3rd, 2011 by AJ.

When I was a kid, my dad and I always celebrated that Thursday was the “day before the day before the weekend!”

I don’t know about you, but this week has taken it’s sweet time, so I thought we should celebrate this “day before the day before the weekend” with a little happy hour… whaddya think? icon_biggrin.gif So, we’re headed over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a visit to a place that a lot of people don’t even know is there — High Octane Refreshments!

High-Octane-Refreshments-1-500x455.jpg

High Octane Refreshments

Atmosphere

This spot is next to the Studio Catering Company (where you can get your eats), and pretty much blends into the background unless you’re looking for it.

There’s plenty of seating between the two restaurants as well. Unless you’re visiting on a truly busy day, you shouldn’t have to search too hard for a place to plop down. We advise that you take your refreshment to the shaded seating closer to the restaurant. It’s all hot sunshine in front of the bar!

High-Octane-10-seating-350x525.jpg

Seating

The Signature drinks here — Stoplight Margarita, Long Island Iced Tea, Grand Margarita, Pina Colada, Rum Runner, and Frozen Golden Margaritas — aren’t necessarily mind-boggling in their creativity, but I can speak from experience that they’re highly enjoyable. Especially the Stoplight Margarita; but more about that later.

Menu and Full Bar

First, let’s look through the menu and options…

HIgh-Octane-6-500x360.jpg

menu - click image for larger version

High-Octane-3-500x453.jpg

Margarita photo menu - click image for larger version

High-Octane-7-500x280.jpg

High Octane Full Bar Display

High-Octane-5-500x396.jpg

Wine and Beer menu - click image for larger version

High-Octane-4-367x525.jpg

On Tap

Our Drinks

The main reason I visited High Octane Refreshments was because I’d heard about the Stoplight Margarita — a mixture of strawberry, golden, and melon frozen margaritas. I wanted to try it and I’m glad I did! It made our margarita gallery here on the DFB!

High-Octane-2-Stoplight-Margarita-336x525.jpg

Stoplight Margarita

I thought this was fantastic. While I continually bemoan the further receding number of signature drinks in Disney World, I’m happy to see that this one, though pretty basic, is still unique and only offered here (as far as I know). Plus, it’s based on the theme of the location, which I like even better.

High-Octane-9-stoplight-margarita-335x525.jpg

Stoplight margarita close-up

And the drink was actually quite good! It was better-tasting than the frozen margaritas you get at the Mexico pavilion’s outdoor margarita kiosk, and still had a good alcohol content.

Of course, if frozen margaritas aren’t your thing, consider the Rum Runner with Myer’s Dark rum, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur and tropical juices. It’s a virtual trip to the islands! I’m not really a rum fan, but I did like this one!

HIgh-Octane-8-rum-rummer-406x525.jpg

Rum Runner

Overall

While our favorite place to grab a drink in the Studios remains the Tune-In Lounge, this is fun second stop to be sure!

And if frozen margaritas are what you’re after, or a drink-in-a-plastic-cup to carry around the parks while you tour, this should definitely be your first destination!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/11/03/review-high-octane-refreshments-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/