From the Disney Food Blog...

Chips and Queso “To Go” at La Cava del Tequila

Dec 19th, 2011 by AJ.

Do you feel that? That’s the pure and utter joy that I feel about being able to give you this super fun news.

You know I love La Cava del Tequila. You know it’s one of my favorite places in Walt Disney World, with its cozy seating areas, top-of-the-line margaritas, and fun atmosphere.

I’ve talked about this spot on the blog before, but just wanted to share a few more fun photos with you! The line of tequilas…

Cava-Bar-500x263.jpg

Cava Bar

The cozy lighting…

Cozy-Cava-500x315.jpg

Cozy Cava Lighting

And these guys. I mean, how can you NOT love this place when they have things like this as decor? I mean…what are these things?

Cute-Mexican-Decor-500x363.jpg

Cute Mexican Decor

Cava-Sign-500x333.jpg

Cava Decor

Anyway, La Cava just did something last week that makes me love them even MORE than I already did (I didn’t think it was possible!). During my research trip for the new DFB MiniGuide to Epcot Snacks, I stopped into Cava to check out the appetizer menu (it’s been changing consistently all year).

La-Cava-del-Tequila-food-menu-316x525.jpg

La Cava del Tequila Food Menu 10-2011

My favorite item — Queso with Jalapeno — was still on the menu, but I knew I didn’t have time to sit and order. So I asked if it would be possible to have my beloved cheese to go…and they said yes!

Nachos-with-Queso-500x333.jpg

Chips with Queso

I was so excited! Within minutes, the server brought out a to-go container filled with chips and two big “sections” of creamy, melty, spicy queso along with my Pomegranate margarita! Heavenly!

Nachos-Up-Close-500x333.jpg

Chips and Queso Close-Up

I headed outside and took a few minutes to photograph this wonderful moment! You guys know I live in Texas now, where we have some seriously awesome queso, but La Cava’s is probably my favorite version ever. With large chunks of jalapeno and a lighter cheese than the standard version, this stuff is super spicy and delicious.

Nacho-Dipped-in-Queso-350x307.jpg

Dipped Chip

Luckily I had the new Pomegranate Margarita to wash it all down! This drink was amazing! Probably one of my new favorite margaritas in Disney World! Very fruity, but not super-sweet…

Pomegranate-Margarita-350x525.jpg

Pomegranate Margarita

Overall, I really liked the option to get this dish to go. That said, I have no idea if this is customary for La Cava or if they only do things like this when it’s not too busy.

Nachos-350x525.jpg

Chips and Queso with Pomegranate Margarita

My advice to you: if you’d like an appetizer to go, try to catch them at a less-busy time, and always ask politely. They may not be able to comply, but I imagine they’ll try their best.

If they’re unable to fulfill your order, remember that they do serve Nachos over at La Cantina de San Angel across the promenade!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/12/19/chips-and-queso-to-go-at-la-cava-del-tequila/#more-44131