From WDW Parks Blog...

Celebrate Literacy Week with Author Appearances at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on January 24th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

aut114829SMALL.jpg

I watched an amazing thing happen the other night. My son came home from school and read a book to me. For years, I’ve been reading to him, so it was one of those special moments as a father that I will always cherish (and I captured the whole thing on video). As you may recall from a previous Disney Parks Blog article, books play an important role in my life. I’m happy to share with you that, in honor of literacy week, we have two authors making special appearances at Walt Disney World Resort this week.

peb221894SMALL.jpg

Ridley Pearson returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Thursday, January 26. He will be signing all four books from the “Kingdom Keepers” series from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Writer’s Stop. His newest book, “Kingdom Keepers V: Shell Game,” will be published this coming spring. Devon Burch, Merchandise Special Events Manager, told me that Ridley will be returning in March for an early release event for this book. Stay tuned to ArtofDisneyParks.com for additional details.

vfp33281SMALL.jpg

On Saturday, January 28, Emma Walton Hamilton will be appearing at Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney Marketplace. She was the co-author, along with her mother Julie Andrews, of the “The Very Fairy Princess.” We will also have the newest book in the series “The Very Fairy Princess Takes The Stage.” She will be signing books and meeting with fans from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Happy reading!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/celebrate-literacy-week-with-author-appearances-at-walt-disney-world-resort/