From the Disney Parks blog...

Discover the Charm of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with Disney Cruise Line

posted on February 3rd, 2012 by Arnaldo Zanonato, Port Adventures Manager

Last year, I had the chance to travel to our new Canadian ports to develop and choose Port Adventures for guests to enjoy this summer on our five-night voyages from New York City. These trips are a favorite part of my job and a great opportunity to experience first-hand the best these destinations have to offer!

Today I want to tell you about Halifax, a place full of rich history. The most popular destinations are Peggy’s Cove, a famous fishing village renowned for its lighthouse, and the Citadel, a National Historic Site completed by the British in 1856 where children and adults alike can follow the steps of 78th Highlanders. Apeg123234THUMB.jpg Acit123234THUMB.jpg redc123234THUMB.jpg

Guests can truly tailor their visit to Halifax with signature experiences exclusive to Disney Cruise Line.

The Disney Exclusive 2-Day Overnight Cross-country Adventure is a private tour with an 18-passenger VIP Executive Coach, a driver and a tour guide for two days, plus an overnight stay at the golf-lover’s paradise, Fox Harb’r Hotel. It is a great option for golf lovers and families that want the flexibility to follow their own itinerary.

vip123234SMALL.jpg

The Port Adventure Learn the Ropes Featuring Exclusive Youth Activity & Hop On Hop Off starts with a family-friendly visit to the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. After the museum visit, children are accompanied by Disney Cruise Line counselors for a fun-filled activity to learn four basic knots every sailor must know while parents have the option to continue visiting the museum or take a break at the beautiful waterfront area. Then the entire family reunites to continue exploring Halifax with a full-day pass to the Hop On Hop Off bus, the best way to explore town at leisure.

rope123234SMALL.jpg

Stay tuned for my next Disney Parks Blog post to get an inside look at Port Adventures in Saint John, New Brunswick!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/discover-the-charm-of-halifax-nova-scotia-with-disney-cruise-line/