From the Disney Food Blog. A seemingly simple treat, but one of my favorites.

Review: School Bread in Epcot’s Norway

Feb 13th, 2012 by AJ.

School Bread has long been a beloved snack for many Walt Disney World visitors, and more guests are being introduced to its deliciousness every day. While we’ve mentioned it on the blog before, I’ve never actually done a full review of it! So let’s get started!

This treat, found in Epcot’s Norway pavilion at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe, is actually pretty simple. A sweet bread roll is injected with vanilla pudding or custard, then covered with sweet icing and toasted coconut. The School Bread recipe comes from a classic Norwegian snack (properly titled “Skolebrød”), which kids took to school in their packed lunches or parents sold at bake sales.

Norway-School-Bread-500x406.jpg

Epcot's Norway School Bread

The description aside, this is one of those Disney World snacks that actually isn’t too sweet! Which is possibly why so many people love it. This yummy treat won’t knock you on your kiester for the rest of the day — at least in my experience — so it gives folks a good “rest” snack before moving on with the rest of their Epcot touring!

Regarding taste and texture, the bread here is a cross between a cinnamon roll and a dinner roll. It’s not super moist — more springy. But the sweet vanilla custard is extremely smooth and abundant (my big worry before trying this snack was that there wouldn’t be enough custard — not a problem). And the basic icing and coconut on top give it just enough extra sweetness.

Norway-School-Bread-cross-section-500x333.jpg

Epcot's Norway School Bread Cross-Section

While you can eat this snack while walking, I highly recommend getting a table in the little covered area behind Kringla Bakery and taking a seat while snacking. It’s a great opportunity to relax, and trust me — you’ll want to remember this experience! icon_smile.gif

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/02/13/review-school-bread-in-epcots-norway/#more-47320