From the Disney Food Blog...

Preserving Epcot: Kitchen Kabaret Vinylmation

Feb 15th, 2012 by Erin.

In my post last week about new food-related Vinylmation releases, I mentioned that I was waiting for the delivery of a Kitchen Kabaret Vinylmation box set. Well, now I have it — and you get to see it first!

This set of six tasty treats retails for $99.95 at Walt Disney World and Disneyland locations. Here are our representatives from the dearly departed “The Land” attraction, Kitchen Kabaret:

The hostess with the mostest — Bonnie Appetite.

IMG_4687-1-294x525.jpg

Your hostess, Bonnie Appetite

Mustard, representing the Kitchen Krackpots band.

IMG_4683-1-294x525.jpg

Mustard, jamming on the saxophone

Rice, from the Cereal Sisters.

IMG_4690-11-294x525.jpg

Rice

Broccoli, from Colander Combo and the Fiesta Fruit. Sadly, his glasses stay put.

IMG_4691-1-294x525.jpg

Broccoli. That cat is cool as a cucumber.

Mr. Hamm, from the Hamm and Eggz comedy duo.

IMG_4685-1-294x525.jpg

Hamm, from Hamm and Eggz

Mr. Dairy Goods, from Dairy Goods and his Stars of the Milky Way

IMG_4688-1-294x525.jpg

Mr. Dairy Goods

IMG_4689-1-294x525.jpg

Mr. Dairy Goods, back

While the figures themselves are super cool, I have say that I’m disappointed in the packaging. The box is two-sided, with three figures showing on one side and three on the other. This means that when you’re trying to both display and keep the figures mint-in-box, you have to choose only three to showcase.

I like to have full view of all my Vinylmation friends at all times (I’m crazy, don’t judge), so this is a bit of a bummer for me icon_sad.gif . I’m sure the configuration maximizes some pack to ship ratio or something, but still, I wish the box had been different.

IMG_4674-1-500x280.jpg

Display box, side 1

IMG_4677-1-500x280.jpg

Display box, side 2

IMG_4681-1-500x280.jpg

Display box, from the top

Overall, I’m pleased. I love it when Disney honors its roots, and I think the Kitchen Kabaret is enough of a cult classic that it merits the star treatment of a full set. Well done, Vinylmation overlords!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/02/15/preserving-epcot-kitchen-kabaret-vinylmation/