From the Disney Parks blog...

Homeschool Days at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on February 16th, 2012 by Tim Hill, Director of Disney Youth Programs

hsd118394SMALL.jpg

We recently wrapped up another successful Disney Homeschool Days at the Walt Disney World Resort and this year’s spring event coincided with Florida Literacy Week. To commemorate this important topic, Ridley Pearson, author of the Kingdom Keepers and Peter and the Starcatchers book series, joined the Disney Youth Programs team to give a special presentation to participants.

kks225468SMALL.jpg

Nearly 800 students from around the country gathered at the Premiere Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to hear Ridley speak about his inspirations, writing process and literary career. Afterward, students participated in a Q&A with the author to dig deeper into his experiences as a writer. Participants were also able to take part in Kingdom Keepers Quest, our new self-guided quest through the Magic Kingdom Park that follows clues from the book series.

Twice each year, Disney Homeschool Days invites homeschoolers, virtual students and community groups to participate in career-building workshops and experiences, as well as take part in special Disney Youth Education Series programs. Disney Homeschool Days are just one of the many opportunities for learning and fun that you’ll find at our Disney theme parks. Students can also take advantage of special Disney Youth Education Series programs designed for small group and individual enrollment during select dates each year.

Stay tuned for details on our next event coming up this fall, and visit www.disneyyouth.com for more information on all of the Disney Youth Programs offerings.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/homeschool-days-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

THanks for posting this MO. That's the one I really wanted to attend with DD11 but we couldn't get away. I bet it was awesome.

On the chance that anyone has one of the guides from this program would you please, please, please consider scanning a copy for me so we can do it on our own this summer? Did I say please?? Okay... just in case, I'll try PRETTY PLEASE???