From Beers and Ears...

Mythos Hellenic Lager

February 28th, 2012 by Jenn In Walt Disney World Beer Reviews

I’ve never reviewed any of the Greek beers at Disney?? How is that possible? Such a disgrace to my heritage.

While at Kouzzina on my last trip, I had the option of Mythos or Alpha and this time around I chose the Mythos.

Now I will preface this by saying that my Greek people are NOT known for beer brewing. Ouzo or wine? Oh you’ll find some beauties. But beer? Hmmm…not so much.

A little Mythos history… Mythos Brewery is the 2nd largest in Greece, and is actually owned by Carlsberg. You know…the beer from Denmark that’s sold in Norway? Yeah, that one. icon_smile.gif

It’s a light colored lager that didn’t blow me away. It was refreshing and I could definitely see myself sipping on a Mythos on a warm night while watching the sunset in Santorini….and chasing it with ouzo. The first sniff of it though was slightly off-putting. It did smell slightly skunked but I’ve had this beer before so I knew it’s how it’s supposed to smell. Weird, I know. Faint bitter taste throughout the whole beer.

IMG_9876-605x907.jpg

So this isn’t the best beer you will ever have, probably not even average. But I think it’s worth a sip. Am I biased because it’s Greek? Probably. icon_smile.gif Next time I’m at Kouzzina I’ll review Alpha instead. I do like Alpha slightly better.

http://beersandears.net/2012/02/mythos-hellenic-lager/