From the Disney Parks blog...

The Softer Side of the Force at Disney Parks

posted on March 12th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

ssf389123SMALL.jpg

I’ve always wanted to learn the ways of the Force. Sadly I’m too old to begin the training at the Jedi Training Academy in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I did, however, recently visit the park with my friend Duffy the Disney Bear, who is old enough to participate. We are introducing a new Jedi robe costume for Duffy this spring. The costume comes complete with a t-shirt, an iconic brown robe with hood and a lightsaber that actually lights up. I spoke with Denise Edelmaier, product developer for Plush and Dolls, about the new costume.

ssf893512SMALL.jpg

“The Jedi Training Academy robe is adorable,” exclaimed Denise. “It continues our strategy of introducing costumes for Duffy that are directly related to experiences found only at Disney Parks.”

ssf935812SMALL.jpg

Denise also shared with me two new items that will be arriving later this spring. Donald Duck as Darth Maul will arrive in time for the launch of Star Wars Weekends 2012 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The plush will be released at Disneyland Resort in mid-summer. The other plush has Jedi Master Yoda wearing a Mouseketeer hat and is set to arrive this May in California and Florida.

These items will not be offered via the Disney Parks Online Store. Once released, you can contact Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise Guest Services at 1-877-560-6477 or via email – [email protected] – to place an order.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/the-softer-side-of-the-force-at-disney-parks/