KFK's First TR! 2010 (Redeux)

Like Lil'Lisa, I decided to move my first TR over to the better board so that I can remove my pics from the other place.  For those of you who followed along the first time.. please bear with me.  To the newcomers..well please bear with me as well.  :barf:

KFK's First TR!

When you don't know where else to start...just start at the beginning.

We like to head for the Fort a day early so this first installment will be the day before our FW arrival.

We're all loaded up, hooked up and ready to roll!

102_5585.jpg

Just look at those happy faces! They've been so excited!

102_5589.jpg

102_5591.jpg

Didn?t think we?d EVER make it to Florida?

102_5602.jpg

Thought I'd take a couple of  pics of the Jacksonville bridge...

102_5604.jpg

102_5605.jpg

This was the view I had every time I turned around!

102_5606.jpg

We've finally made it to our night before the Fort stop. Usually we stay at Tropical Palms the night before our Fort arrival, but this year we decided to try the Fort Summit KOA.

102_5608.jpg

Here's the view from the playground. A little underwhelming.

102_5609.jpg

Here's part of the miniature golf course. Not fancy, but it could be fun for the kiddos.

102_5610.jpg

The pool looked pretty nice, but the boys wanted to head to the playground.

102_5611.jpg

Here it is...REALLY?!

102_5613.jpg

I know this isn't Fort Wilderness, but come on!

102_5614.jpg

This section was a little nicer, but the slide (not the one in the pic) was very tall with very little slant....it was FAST! Not a prob for DS7. He found it pretty exciting!

102_5616.jpg

No KFK family trip can begin without a proper light saber fight.

102_5620.jpg

Here's a photo of our site. There wasn't enough room to let out the awning because of the tree. Oh well, it's only one night.

102_5621.jpg

Time for a little bike ride and walk.

102_5623.jpg

Here's a view of our TT from the rear.

102_5629.jpg

Here's a shot of a KOA cabin. We accidentally stayed in one several years ago, but that's another story for another time.

102_5630.jpg

Some tent campers.

102_5632.jpg

Overall I'll give this KOA a B+. It was clean and convenient, but lacked any sense of ambiance. I like to camp in places that have their own vibe. Still it was pretty good for a night or 2.

I know this first installment was probably underwhelming, but the next installment will be much more exciting...we'll be arriving at the Fort!

Let the fun begin!

Looks like Fort Summit has improved substantially since the last time I was there some years back. The sites were in bad need of repair then and most had wallowed out into low spots that needed to be raised back up. When it rained, your RV was sitting in a small pond that forced you to take your shoes off to wade out for a few feet to higher ground. It upset me so bad that I have not been back since.

It looks very nice now.

Yay!!!  Great things bear repeating!  I  :partytwo: ed this the first time and I am sure I will  :welcome: it even more the second time around!

Thank you Lisa.  I hope you do :heart: it again.  :) 

Looks like Fort Summit has improved substantially since the last time I was there some years back. The sites were in bad need of repair then and most had wallowed out into low spots that needed to be raised back up. When it rained, your RV was sitting in a small pond that forced you to take your shoes off to wade out for a few feet to higher ground. It upset me so bad that I have not been back since.

It looks very nice now.

FWR... it was a pretty nice CG.  The playground equipment wasn't quite up to par, but still suitable for our purposes this trip.

I'm gonna join in with you! Love the pic of the boys feet!

Only because they weren't in your face for 8.5 hours.  :rofl2:

Arriving at the REAL Fort.  Home Sweet Home.

I'm going to preface this post by saying that my 5 year old has Autism. Many of you already knew this, but for the ones who don't....You may wonder why you see such a big kid in a stroller or on a leash, so I thought I'd go ahead and share this with ya'll so you would understand up front. These tools help us manage moods/behaviors etc.

With that said...Here we go!

I don't know why this fascinates me, but it does. I didn't have the camera ready on our way to the KOA, but I was ready on our short trek to FW.

102_5636.jpg

The excitement is mounting as we approach the WDW Entrance. Both DS's are getting very bouncey and LOUD! I love it! Nothing's better than happy kids.

102_5640.jpg

How cool! I'd heard there was a monorail painted with a Tron theme. We were thrilled that it was our first monorail sighting as we got on site. I got better pics later in the trip, but that will have to wait until later. The excitement is continuing to build.

102_5641.jpg

Now we're busting at the seams as we approach the MK entrance....that means in just a few minutes we're gonna bear right and we'll be HOME!!! (Magicbus...if you're reading this, you should know we looked at every bus going in wondering if one of them was you. I can be heard on our video talking about it.) Yes, I took photos and videos at the same time....It's a gift.

102_5643.jpg

The moment has arrived and we're going in! We prefer to go inside the outpost for check in. They are very willing to work with you to get you into the loop you want. DH took a list of sites that we like and the CM assured us we had one on the list! We're feeling the magic! I don't know why I've never taken the camera into the outpost, but this time would be different.

Here are a few photos. The first is an old sign that features the FWRR.

102_5646.jpg

A shot of the mantle and chandalier.

102_5647.jpg

The KF Kids on the cartoon couch. They now have a flat screen mounted on the wall. Much nicer than the old TV with the plexiglass over it.

102_5649.jpg

102_5653.jpg

DH checking in! We're getting more excited by the minute!

102_5650.jpg

The kids were enjoying "playing" checkers when I noticed something......look at the small oval metal plaque on the checkerboard.

102_5655.jpg

Here's a closer look. Sorry it's out of focus. I took several but this one was the best shot.

102_5656.jpg

How cool is that!? A Musket Mickey! Glad to know they can still be spotted every now and then!

Here's the KF Fellas on a rock. DS7 has to have a pic by every rock he sees, but I'll just share this one. No thanks necessary.

102_5659.jpg

Our site wasn't ready as we checked in early...around 10:30 or 11:00 am. We didn't mind waiting in the overflow PL. We opened up the TT and stretched out on the sofa. Then we got a call from Kenny. It wouldn't be long before we'd have our cart! Looping would be a much better way to pass the time!

102_5660.jpg

I've always loved these Chip and Dale traffic signs. I only wish bikers and runners would heed the signs.

102_5664.jpg

SQUIRREL!!!  (I  love UP.)

102_5665.jpg

We knew we'd be in 900 loop and during our pre set up looping saw that several sites were open so DH called the Front Desk and told them the sites looked "ready enough" for him so they told us to go ahead and set up. Back to the overflow we go to get the TT. We were set up before check in time!

Here's a view of our set up from the wooded area in front of us.

102_5670.jpg

Here's a view from the road.

102_5672.jpg

AHHHHHH! There's no place like home!!!

Thanks ya'll !!! 

Now back to business...

Only a few more pics here to finish up Day 1.

Since we're all set up, fed and have our superfast Kenny Cart...a little looping is in order.

Here is what we saw. The first pic is another wildlife sighting....it's not an otter...only a turtle

102_5674.jpg

This set up deserved some sort of award. A pop up mounted on what appears to be a residential trailer frame.

102_5676.jpg

It also had a screened in room on the front and another screened in shelter on the ground. Quite genius IMO!

102_5677.jpg

In our GC  (Golf Cart...NOT gently carressing) travels we spotted this little beauty. But I didn't immedidately name it my fave since the trip was still young.  You never know what else you might see.

102_5678.jpg

Apparently I didn't take many pics on this looping excursion.

Oh well, we're getting hungry any way so it's time for our arrival day Giddyap and Go!

I had the pleasure of sitting on Burl's porch until it was ready. I could've stay there all night!

Sadly and stoooooopidly, I didn't take the camera with me. So I just people watched and took it all in.

102_5681.jpg

Yes, those are the Cowboy Beans.

As TCD said in his report, they're not on the menu but you can still get them if you ask.

Glad I asked.

Now that we're full and rested again, it's time to hop on the GC for one last ride.

We passed by this extremely decorated site and I couldn't resist taking a pic.

Very obnoxiously taking a pic....the campers were standing right there.

102_5685.jpg

She was very nice about it and said I could take all the pics I wanted as long as she wasn't in them.

I heard later that she was a Disboarder. I didn't think to ask at the time since I never saw any green ears.  (Turns out I?d met the famous Hilda and didn?t even know it.)

And finally, a quick ride through 600 loop. I saw the worse site ever. As I was commenting to DH, he laughed and said "look at the sight #". Yep, you guessed it. It was the famous 617. TCD is right. It is bad.

102_5687.jpg

That concludes the pics from day one. Apparently the rest of the evening was spent getting to bed early so we could get up early for our first park day.

Last edited by kampfirekim; 08-07-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Day 2 Epcot

We have always been a MK first family...so it was a bit strange when DS7 wanted to go to Epcot first. He had his heart set on riding the boat ride in Mexico. So as a labor of love we say OK.

We have a lot of "stuff" that we don't like to pack up, fold up etc. to ride the bus, so we like to take a boat to the MK or CR and then a Monorail to Epcot. It's just how we roll. Here's the guys waiting on our very first WDW boat of 2010.

102_5674.jpg

LOL!  Now HOW did I do that?  We're not really a family of turtles.  Here's the guys waiting on the boat.

102_5688.jpg

Hmmmm...glad we read the signs. The've switched sides on us. MK boats now dock to the right and the Resort launches dock to the left. After speaking to a CM we learned there was really no reason. The powers that be just decided to switch them around.

102_5689.jpg

*Excited voice* Here it is! Our first boat of 2010.

102_5692.jpg

Now we're feeling a little nostalgic as we pass by D.I. I only took a couple of pics this time, but I did get more later on.

102_5698.jpg

As much as I love FW...somehow I don't feel entirely like I'm at WDW until I put my feet on CR soil...or rather concrete and ride a monorail. I guess it's due to the fact that this was the first WDW resort I ever stayed at...and it just takes me back.....

102_5701.jpg

We've arrived at Epcot and managed to capture the Tron Monorail passing by.

102_5719.jpg

The first thing we do is head for Nemo and Friends. DS' both love it and it just seemed like the best place to start. After diverting attention away from a photo op with Bruce (by absolutely promising that we'll come back later) we're off to get FP's for Soarin'.

Now since DS is getting restless to ride the Mexico boat ride....we're on our way. Apparently something new is happening right across from Mexico.

102_5722.jpg

102_5720.jpg

We're starting to get hungry and not really interested in going into every country in World Showcase so we decide to head for Germany.

102_5731.jpg

We have always enjoyed the Biergarten even though it is a little pricey for lunch.

We didn't do a price check.

We just went in and ate.

Then the bill came!

$85.00. For lunch. 2 adults and 2 small children. And it's a serve yourself buffet.

R U kidding me? We will not make that mistake again.

From now on we are on price hike alert.

Now as we pass Germany DH says "You are dead to me".

Now that we are fed and refreshed, albeit in shock, we venture over to the American Pavillion.

We were just in time for the Voices of Liberty.  They are one of my favorites.

Yes, they make me cry every time I hear them.  KFK can be such a sap!

102_5740.jpg

We decided to take a boat across the lagoon instead of walking back to Future World, but just missed the boat. Looks like we're walking. I'm glad we did. It's been a while since we've gone all the way around WS.

Now for Soarin'! It's a KFK family fave. One of the things we ALL love.

102_5755.jpg

Now I needed to head for Guest Relations to take care of some business. The CM at the entrance said that I needed to go back to Stroller rentals...so I did. When I got to Stroller Rentals, I was told I needed to go back to GR at the entrance. Really!? It's hot and DS5 is already upset that I've left the group, but I decided not to become aggravated and just head back for GR. The nice CM helped me with what I needed (or so I thought...problems developed later from an error on his part), but at least he was nice. and I managed to get this nice pic of Spaceship Earth.

102_5756.jpg

When I get back to the family, it appears they are ready for a snack so we sat in a nice shady spot close to Spaceship Earth and had refreshments along with a lot of water.

102_5758.jpg

Now we're on our way to Mission Space. Along the way I snapped this shot of the fountain. I love all of the fountains and waterways at Epcot. It at least makes you feel a little cooler.

102_5759.jpg

After our Mission was complete, DS enjoyed one of the video games at MS.

He loves that stuff. We can hardly pull him out of there! He wants to be an Astronaut when he grows up. He also wants to be an artist.

We tell him he can paint pictures of space while he's actually there!

102_5760.jpg

Next we head on over to TT. DS7 was a little skittish last year about riding the faster rides but decided he'd try it again this year! He loved it! Now there's another ride we can add to the list of ones we can all do together!

DS feels the need for a photo at every opportunity.

102_5765.jpg

Well it seems we are done on this side of FW (we craftily avoided Ellen's universe of Energy). So as promised we're off to Journey Into Imagination and back to Nemo and Friends for that photo with Bruce.

102_5767.jpg

102_5770.jpg

We're all tired and ready to be back at the Fort...or as DS calls it, "Our home away from home". Here's a couple of pics from our monorail ride back to MK and our boat ride back to the Fort.

102_5778.jpg

102_5782.jpg

It was a great day and we had sooooo much fun.

For me, this TR really is better the second time around!  :rofl2:

The first time I read this, it had been so long since I had been there that there were so many things I hadn't experienced first hand.  Now I have and I understand exactly what you are talkin' about!  :thewave1:

Thank you Lisa.  I'm glad you and Bruce got to make the trip last year.  :D

CP..glad you're enjoying.  Thanks for following along w/ the redeaux.

Day 3 MK

We're on our way to MK!

Passing by River Country makes me feel very nostalgic and sad.

What a great waterpark it was. It would be ideal for my boys.

I really should try to let go.

102_5785.jpg

102_5784.jpg

102_5783.jpg

There's nothing like walking down Main Street for the first time on your trip!

That's DH and DS7 on the far right of the pic.

102_5788.jpg

The boys can't wait to head for tomorrowland!  So they won't have to wait any longer....

First up is Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin.  A hands down fave of all of us.

Only prob is dragging the boys out when it's over! Hahahaha!

102_5793.jpg

DS5 always wants to stay on

102_5795.jpg

and DS7 must examine every speck of merchandise in the gift shop

102_5802.jpg

and have a pic made w/Zurg....every time.

I can't even count the pics with Zurg. I'll share one later.

As tradition goes we have to ride TTA next.

I remember back in the ticket book days this one was a freebie thus making it a fave.

It still remains a fave to this day.

DH has to video the entire ride and I take scores of pics.

Here are a couple.

The first pic is of Startraders....remember when it used to be Mickey's Mart?

102_5806.jpg

Next is a photo of the TL Speedway.

DS7 is bouncing off the walls to ride that one!

He is convinced that he wins and I am the loser even when I am in front of him.

102_5808.jpg

Toontown seems to be where everyone wants to go next so the KFK clan is on their way!

But wait...the Teacups are right there....and with no wait!

A little change of plans. We practically walked right on.

DH and I don't have the stomachs we used to. Ugh!

The TC's USED to be one of my favorites.

Fortunately the boys were content to NOT spin too fast. Whew!

102_5832.jpg

102_5833.jpg

102_5829.jpg

Finally made it to Toontown and decide to hop a ride on the Barnstormer.

DS' usually love this one, but it wasn't really a hit this time. Oh well.

102_5839.jpg

102_5835.jpg

DS7 still loves going through Minnie's house over Mickey's b/c you can touch everything.

Not to wish time away, but we will not be sad when we no longer need to go in there.

It's cute for the little ones, but we've seen it enough.

102_5842.jpg

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but it was a long trip and I just can't remember,

but I do know that we were hot, tired and hungry and decided to head back to the Fort.

Here's a pic of the Castle I took on the way out.

102_5855.jpg

DS7 REALLY wanted to ride in front of the boat so we did.

We don't normally, but it was nice.

Here we are arriving back at the Fort. AHHHHH!

102_5884.jpg

When we got back we noticed that we had a note clothespinned to our awning bar.

I have been hunted by another Fiend. Cool!

102_5886.jpg

We looked for ears on our first day, but didn't see any and not having internet access we couldn't check the boards for locations.

So we were glad one found us!

Since one good stalk deserves another...

I stalked back.

102_5888.jpg

Sadly no sign of life at the moment. But at least we each know where the other is.

I know the GC is there, but all curtains were drawn and it was VERY, VERY, QUIET.

Knowing that this Fiend has a very small child I didn't knock for fear of disturbing a nap.

I knew where they were and they knew where I was so I was confident we'd meet.....

and we did!

Very nice dude. A firefighter no less. Awesome!

I met 2 of his kids, but never got to meet DW or third child. Maybe another time.

Stay tuned....remember I said this was a long trip. I'm trying to be concise or this TR could last a month! Next up will be our return to MK and then a Fort only day.

Campingpixi..we're going in July.  Just stick your thumb out and we'll pick you up on the way.  :raspberry:

The end of our MK day.

The first two pics are just a little scenery before we dock at MK.

Our main objective is to see the MSEP.

I was so excited that I could hardly contain myself!

I don't want to put it off just in case the weather causes a problem later in the trip.

102_5936.jpg

102_5935.jpg

While DH heads for the security bag check line I pause a moment to take a photo of the train station.

102_5942.jpg

102_5943.jpg

Apparently I didn't take that many photos this evening,

but since the ONLY thing I care about is the MSEP tonight,

I will go along with any plan until its time.

We packed in as many rides and activities as possible.

Because of the crowds already lining up for the 9:00 parade when we arrived...

On the advice of a CM we opted to wait on the 11:00 parade.

Good decision.

DS7 on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

102_5947-1.jpg

There is a lot of construction going on across from Winnie the Pooh.

Apparently they are adding a Little Mermaid attraction and a Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant. Cool. Sounds good to me.

I'm glad they decided to move the tree from the hundred acre wood over by the Winnie the Pooh entrance. I believe it's gonna look fantastic when they finish the redo.

102_5961-1.jpg

It's starting to get late,but we have time for a couple of more rides before grabbing a spot for the fireworks and MSEP.

On our way to SW, the Carousel looked so pretty lit up I couldn't turn down the chance for a photo.  This one doesn't do it justice.

102_5965.jpg

We've gotten a pretty good spot for the FW and a curbside seat for the parade. I couldn't have planned it better!

102_5978.jpg

DS7 lasted long enough for a little bit of the FW, but neither made it for the parade. That gave me the perfect opportunity to video the entire parade.

Hooray!

I know that sounds mean, but we made sure we lined up for the 9:00 parade later in the trip so they were able to see it.  There will be some pics later in the TR.

A pic of this CM was necessary to remind me of the hard time this poor woman had keeping the traffic flow moving in the right direction.

Poor thing.  There's no way she could've had a voice left at all.

102_6000.jpg

These photos are from little video clips on my "snap" cameras video mode.

The FW setting wasn't working out so I decided to try my pics from video technique.

Here are the results...

102_7675.jpg

102_7676.jpg

102_7677.jpg

102_7678.jpg

Not professional, but not terrible.

I got some better ones later by using the Sport mode and turning off the flash.

Since I was video recording the parade there are no pics this time, but I used the pics from video technique another night. I'll share a few of those later.

That concludes our Day at MK.

Tomorrow we've opted for a little R and R at the Fort...no parks...just Fort.

I love the Fort.

Day 4 Just Fortin' around.

Yeeesss! A day of R & R at the Fort. The moment I've been waiting on!

KFM, KFD and KFBro will be here sometime today and Kenny will be delivering their cart to us this a.m.

Here's a photo of our loop 900 sign. We loved this loop.

102_6001.jpg

Another random shot of 617.

102_6003.jpg

I don't think these campers ever even let out their awning.

102_6006.jpg

Random shots of the Meadows TP and bridge to the pool.

102_6010.jpg

View of the pool from the GC.

102_6024.jpg

Campfire area.

We did make it to a campfire/movie later in the trip. Yes, there are pics.

102_6025.jpg

102_6026.jpg

Couple of more random shots.

102_6015.jpg

102_6022.jpg

102_6023.jpg

The rest of the posse has arrived.

This is Dad, Bro, KFM and DS7 about to take a spin on their superfast Kenny Cart.

102_6048.jpg

The GC path to Settlement and Pioneer Hall.

102_6058.jpg

This photo is the source of big laughs for DH and I.

Notice the bushes in the lower left of the photo.

102_6062.jpg

A couple of years ago KFM wrecked her bike and fell in those very bushes.

When a kind stranger rushed over to help, KFM with all her pride, jumped up and began shouting....

"I know how to ride a bike! I promise I really DO know how to ride a bike!" LOL!

Guess nothing was hurt but her pride! Hahahahahaha!

Here's an old FW icon. The Clover King covered wagon.

102_6063.jpg

Another pic of the Settlement TP.

I'll bet that worker in the background is one of the roofers working on the building at the marina.

I'm a regular Nancy Drew aren't I?

102_6065.jpg

No explanation needed on this one. The famous Lawnmower Tree.

Or rather, as I've heard lately....the Lawnmower Stump.

102_6069.jpg

Those carriage rides sure do look like fun.

102_6072.jpg

The Pioneer Hall playground. DS7's fave.

102_6073.jpg

Crockett's Tavern and Pioneer Hall.

Wish I was on that porch with a tall glass of iced tea!

***MISSING PHOTO ALERT***  My bad.

Quick shot of Clementine's Beach.

102_6082.jpg

DS5 enjoying a ride in the front seat for a change.

I'm usually hanging onto him in the back.

102_6084.jpg

More of our first Forting around day coming soon.....

continued....

Just some random Fort photos here.

I don't think there is much need to elaborate.

102_6087.jpg

102_6088.jpg

102_6089.jpg

102_6091.jpg

During one of our GC excursions we came across this cutie of a sign:

"An old bear lives here with his honey."

How sweet.

102_6093.jpg

KFBro is behind the wheel!

Run for your lives!

Really. I'm serious.

102_6100.jpg

What do I see coming our way?

A Wagon Ride in progress. Or as we call it...a Ragon Wide.

Those are the most fun. I highly recommend doing this.

It's not expensive and it's almost an hour long.

I think it's a very cool way to take a tour of the Fort.

Just do it in the evening when it really is cooler.

If you don't....you'll be sorry.

102_6102.jpg

102_6103.jpg

102_6104.jpg

Here's one of our favorite Fort Spots. The canal behind 300 loop.

For those who enjoy fishing....a lot of it goes on there.

We planned on it.

Brought the poles, saved the GAG skin, but sadly a mid trip sickness threw a monkey wrench into that plan. Maybe next time.

102_6115.jpg

Here's a quick peek at the volleyball net and dog park in the background.

102_6116.jpg

Random photo of a campground bus headed for the Settlement.

102_6122.jpg

Our boys LOVE the FW playgrounds.

It's a great way to allow them to burn off all that energy.

102_6126.jpg

We've decided that the parents and bro have rested up long enough so we head back to their cabin for a little visit before going back "home".

I know these cabin pics may not be of interest to everyone, but I decided to include them just in case anyone following along will be staying in a cabin for the first time any time soon.

Don't worry.

When you get there KFBro will not be stretched out on your sofa.

102_6143.jpg

The Master BR.

102_6145.jpg

The bunks in the MBR. DS7 won't be there when you arrive either.

102_6146.jpg

The Murphy Bed.

Most kids think its cool that a bed pulls out of the wall.

102_6148.jpg

Finally here's the dining table.

102_6150.jpg

Just realized I didn't take pics of the kitchen or bathroom. Oh well. You get the idea.

It was a great day at the Fort. We didn't do anything extraordinary.

But just being at the Fort is extraordinary in itself.

Just in case I haven't mentioned it yet...

I love the Fort.

This concludes Day 4....

only 11 more to go.

Day 5

Here it is day five. Already?

But we just got here!

Since this is the parent's first full day, MK is inevitable.

I know we've already covered MK, and since we went to MK 5 times....

I'll cover it in this one post.

There is a little surprise twist in this installment.....

KFK almost got in trouble with the camera. 

KFM and DS headed for the Marina.

102_6163.jpg

102_6162.jpg

(Just so this makes sense? When this TR was originally done there was much speculation, instigated by magicbus, as to whether I was really at the Fort.  I had no idea all of this was going on until I met Bill and he told me.  LOL. )

Ok Magicbus.

Pay attention.

Don't miss this.

It's the moment you said would never happen....

Time for the big reveal......

The evidence,

Proof positive,

that

I,

KFK

was

really

there!!!!!!!

Here I am with DH and DS5.

There you have it!

The verdict is in.

I was there.

Here I am with DH and DS5. (Bear in mind that this was 40 lbs ago.  Hehe)

100_4245.jpg

Random pic of a pretty spot at MK on our way to Tomorrowland.

102_6184.jpg

Once we get to TL, we do all of our normal stuff...

BLSRS, TTA, COP...you get the idea.

I told you I wouldn't drag it out.

Here's the one and only shot, out of gazillions of Zurg pics that I have, that I am going to share. No thanks needed.

102_6200.jpg

At this point we were supposed to meet with a couple of cousins over by the Speedway.

Where were they?

We decided to ride while we waited.

102_6225.jpg

102_6229.jpg

DH and DS5 are in the car. That's DS7's ear in the far left of the photo.

He's waiting with KFM.

As we exit the Speedway we notice...

The cousins are here! Yay!

These two are thick as theives and were very happy to see each other.

102_6243.jpg

DS7 and I were waiting on everyone to finish their potty breaks.

I know, I know....

TMI!

102_6289.jpg

Now we've all decided to stay in the park for lunch instead of leaving and coming back.

In times like these..

Columbia House is the only way to go.

Two thumbs up!

CH is still one of my faves since childhood.

Used to order the Tuna Sandwich/Clam Chowder combo,

but nowadays the Shrimp Basket is tops to me.

Here's a couple of shots of our beautiful view from our upstairs table.

102_6312.jpg

102_6300.jpg

Now that we no longer have rumblies in our tumblies, we head for the Haunted Mansion.

I've never liked it.

Neither does DH.

Nor do my kids.

I guess we just did it to keep the group together.

It was here that we were treated VERY rudely by a CM in a matter pertaining to DS5 which caused me to lodge my very first formal complaint in all my years of WDW going. Not an easy thing for me to do.

I'm not going to speak of it so don't ask. Please.

Everyone is geared up for Splash Mt. and Thunder Mt. so we're off!

DS5 isn't so sure.

102_6327.jpg

Now were at the laughing place.

102_6338.jpg

But we didn't get there by boat.

We walked.

The ride shut down while we were on and we had to get out.

We weren't laughing.

Now we're laughing!

So this is where the magic happens?!

102_6340.jpg

102_6341.jpg

102_6342.jpg

My personal fave?.The Snickering Rabbit Room!  A WDW secret room has been revealed!

102_6343.jpg

We finally make it outside and have to go down a large flight of stairs.

So while I'm on top of the staircase I fired off a couple of shots w/the camera.

I look up and see a CM wildly waving his arms and running at me!

Oh brother....I've done it now.

He says that I will now have to show him my pics.....

the one I just took and the ones before and after.

DH is aggravated and making his feelings known on the subject and insists to me that I don't HAVE to show him anything.

He's right, but I'll play along.

That poor little CM is no match for me.

I obediently show him the pic I just took and as luck would have it....

it didn't take. This will work in my favor.

So I then showed him the pic "after", which was actually the first pic on the mem card that I already knew would be a friend at KFM's pool from a couple of weeks before.

Then I went back to the previous pic that didn't take...

the one that he'd just seen.

He went for it!

KFK's been around the block a couple of times, so a little sleight of hand wasn't difficult to pull off.

Now KFM, KFCousin and I roar with laughter when we talk about it.

Here's the pic that came out of that ordeal.

Nothing fancy, just parade floats.

But I still had a great sense of pride and accomplishment when I saw one of the floats in the MK day parade. hahahaha!

102_6344.jpg

Now I'm feeling pirate-ish.

I think this would've been me if that CM found out how I tricked him.

102_6350.jpg

Last photo.

A bird on a roof.

102_6362.jpg

After we exited Splash Mt. there was a torrential downpour and we were all soaked to the skin so we decided to head back to the Fort and maybe come back later.

Once we were dried off and settled in, it never happened.

At the Fort we stayed.

I'm glad.

I love the Fort.