Pomegranate Martini at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

From the Disney Food Blog. Gotta chuckle because I've bought this stuff before and it's actually really good - not too sweet, more alcohol than you'd think. And I'm pretty sure I can buy an entire bottle for what 2 of these cost...

Pomegranate Martini at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Mar 27th, 2012 by AJ.

While headed to Dinoland from Asia in Disney’s Animal Kingdom last week, I saw this drink cart (technically called “AK Hot Dog 2 Cart” on my receipt) next to the bridge between Expedition Everest and Finding Nemo: The Musical.

In addition to beer and a fun cheese and cracker plate, they were serving Pomegranate Martinis! I had to give that a try…

Pom-Martini-conquers-Everest-350x525.jpg

Pomegranate Martini Conquers Everest

When I asked, I was told that this cart is temporary. It’s there to cater to the Spring Break crowds and may be out again during the Summer.

AK-Hot-Dog-2-Cart-seriously-thats-the-name-on-the-receipt-500x326.jpg

AK Hot Dog 2 Cart - Seriously that's the name on the receipt!

But I loved the decor of the cart, even though it will only be around for a short time. Who else paints “Lovely Beer” on the side of a cart besides the Imagineers at Animal Kingdom?! icon_wink.gif

Lovely-Beer-Decor-500x312.jpg

Lovely Beer Decor

The menu was great as well. While they were out of margaritas when I was there, I liked the options for quick, grab-and-go, relatively healthy snacks: cheese and crackers, sliced apples, and Craisins trail mix.

Menu7-500x440.jpg

Menu - click image for larger version

I hope to find these little cheese and cracker packs in more places in Disney parks. With a good combo of protein and carbs, and not a lot of sugar, I think it’s the perfect mix to keep you going on a long Disney day.

Cheese-and-Crackers-500x333.jpg

Cheese and Crackers

Of course, I was interested in the remaining “mixed” drink on the menu — the Pomegranate Martini. Don’t be fooled — you’re not getting a martini glass here in the Animal Kingdom. And you’re not even really getting a “mixed” drink. I was surprised to see the martini come straight out of this bottle, pre-mixed.

Pomegranate-martini-mixology-500x441.jpg

Pomegranate Martini Mixology

That said, it was a relatively strong drink for what it was — nobody’s going to say that it didn’t have a kick! And it tasted great, so I wasn’t complaining!

Pomegranate-martini-395x525.jpg

Pomegranate Martini

Plus, the color is just gorgeous, isn’t it?? I had lots of folks wondering where I’d gotten the beautiful drink as I walked through Animal Kingdom.

Just wanted to give you a little heads up about the fun temporary options in the Animal Kingdom if you’re headed that way anytime soon! To be honest, if a drink is what you crave, always head to the Dawa Bar, the Margarita kiosk, or the Yak and Yeti Lounge before hitting up the temp drink carts, but I thought this was a fun find anyway! Plus I wanted to show off my cool Everest + Martini photo at the top of this post — let’s be honest, I’m not the most creative person in the world, so when I take a rad photo I wanna show it to you! ;-D

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/27/pomegranate-martini-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/#more-52365