I love staying at the FW Cabins, but I have a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone have storage ideas as there is not a lot of closet space?

2. Do people at the cabins decorate for the holidays?

3. Which cabin loop is your favorite and why?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

I really don't have any storage ideas but don't forget the cupboards by the murphy bed.

Yes a lot of cabin dwellers decorate, there is an outdoor plug on the porch. They even decorate all year not just for holidays.

Loop 2100 is nearest to the Meadows and has  a comfort station right next to it in 1100 loop which has a path to it from 2100. 2700 and 2800 are the quietest and are near the quiet pool.2400,2500 and 2600 are also near the quiet pool and laundry room.

All the loops are serviced by two buses the orange which stops at the Meadows and the purple which goes past the 2000 loop and creekside. Very little waiting for a bus.

When you check in they will show you on their maps where your cabin is and if you don't like that spot ask what else is available.

When we went, there were only 3 of us so obviously this won't work if you have more people. We used the top bunkbed in the bedroom for storage. We folded our jeans, pants, and shorts and placed them on the topbunk. There was plenty of room to hang up the rest of our clothes in the closet. We had one of the accessible cabins in loop 2800 and the bus stop was literally right behind our cabin. We were in cabin 2868 in loop Willow Way and it was QUIET except I remember the 1st night we could hear fireworks from Magic Kingdom. We considered that a PERK!  :)) We didn't decorate that trip and didn't look at any of the other cabin loops for decorations but the camping area was AWESOME! My daughter's mouth just  :golfclap: Plus it was cold at night and that added to the Christmasy feeling. I read somewhere that there's a Christmas golfcart parade. I hope there's one on our return visit. I have a few decorating items set aside to take with us that we plan to set up this year.

Yes, it is 5 AM here but I couldn't sleep and couldn't think of a better place to be.  8) By the way, I like these new hugs better.... :hugs2:  :bighug:  :parrot:

We used the top bunk last time also, but the stuff in the living room area (my brother is a major geek and brings lots of stuff) drove me crazy! I was wondering if we could any of those storage containers would fit under the bunk beds, but I seem to remember there wasn't a lot of room under it? Our next trip we are bringing another person, so I'm trying to plan ahead!

We are definitely planning to decorate for Christmas! We are so excited about it! My brother has already been looking at stuff to decorate the golf cart!

We were on Moccasin loop last trip and it was SO quiet. We were 2620 I believe. It was a little walk to the bus stop, but it was not bad at all.

I haven't stayed in a cabin since they replaced them with the new models.  From pictures I've seen, it looks as if the kitchen and living room areas were "flipped", and they added bunk beds in the bedrooms of all the cabins. (Before you had a choice if you needed bunks or not).

We've stayed in a cabin with 4 adults and found no problems with hanging clothes and having enough drawers to put things in - but I am a very light packer (learned over the years that you don't need 4 "possible" outfits for every day of your vacation).  I'm not sure what you're going to need to store other than clothing.  The kitchen cupboards are stocked with dining ware, cook ware, silver ware, glasses - all you're going to need to prepare meals other than the food & spices - so you don't need to worry about that.

Personal belongings are easily stored in the closet and dresser.

As far as a "favorite" cabin loop - I wouldn't worry about that because they are all about the same.  What I would be more concerned with is getting a cabin close to a bus stop to minimize the walking if you won't have a golf cart.

ETA:  YES to the decorating!! Some of the cabin folks get almost as crazy as those camping!  Have fun with that!

The kitchen cupboards are stocked with dining ware, cook ware, silver ware, glasses - all you're going to need to prepare meals other than the food & spices - so you don't need to worry about that.

I also found the kitchen well stocked EXCEPT I'm bringing a sharp knife on this trip. The ones in our cabin wouldn't cut through butter.  :banana:

OK, a couple of things.

1. If you want to bring a plastic tuckertote of some kind, or luggage, you can store it on top of the closet in the bedroom.

2. Bring one of those over the door shoe holders, they are great for getting the shoes off the floor.

3. There is plenty of storage in the pantry, on the sides of the Murphy bed and in the bedroom dresser. There is not much room under the bunk bed, but there is some space under the big bed in the bedroom. Don't quote me on this, but i believe there is enough room for an under-bed tote. Don't jam stuff in where the housekeeping stuff is (little half closet in the hallway) as mousekeeping will yell at you.

4. Bring coffee mugs. The little tea cups they have there don't cut it. And a package of the round 10-cup coffee filters. And some good coffee. You can thank me later.

5. If you intend on using the outdoor grill, bring grill utensils. There are none in the cabin kitchen. If you REALLY need to know what's in the kitchens, you can find it here:

http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm#cabins

6. If you want to order groceries, use Green Grocer. If you are going out, i recommend the Winn-Dixie as there is an ABC (Liquor) store immediately adjacent to it in the same shopping center.

7. Do with your brother what we do with our kids. We give them the cabinet under the TV for their games and stuff. Plenty of room for electronics, a laptop, etc.

8. We have stayed in the 2800, 2100 and 2300 loops. Personally, I like any of the loops closer to the small pool. If you have a cart, it really doesn't matter, although the cabins that back up to the canal / old FWRR track line are quieter.

Hope that helps.

We put stuff on the top bunk as well - but we didn't need it for sleeping room.  Also, I second the space above the closet - we put stuff up there too.  Also, if you get a bag of dirty clothes together, go ahead and put it in the car (if you're driving) since it's parked right outside.

Over-the-door shoe rack will work well for anything - you could even put it on the bathroom door to hold toiletries, flat irons, first aid stuff, etc.

We only decorated with our sad display of swimsuits hanging out to dry on the railing... but you can definitely decorate!