Is 5 and 2 to young for the waterparks

Just wondering if 5 and 2 is to young to take to typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach. If you could only do one of them which do you prefer. I am also wondering with kids of these ages obvious magic kingdom would be first choice but if you had seven days how would you divide your days in the parks( which parks for how many days) and would you avoid any.

I don't know about the waterparks, never been to one of them. I will have to work on that one day! As far as the other parks, My best advice, Relax and take your time. Let your kids guide your stays in the parks. There are things for kids at all of the parks.

My kids all loved the kiddie areas at both TL and BB. There are things a 2 yr old can do and plenty of activities a 5 yr old might enjoy - plus you can take them on a family ride around the lazy river.

Having done both with small children many times, I prefer Typhoon to Blizzard. IMO it's more family friendly and less spread out. TL is also cooler than BB - all that snow-painted concrete can get really hot and be uncomfortable for little feet. TL also has Lilo & Stitch characters to greet you which is much more familiar to small people than the cute, but very large, BB gator mascot.

Since you are asking for opinions- I'll give you mine:

I think it would be a waste of money to pay for your family to go to a Disney waterpark with a 5 and 2 year old. Yes, the waterparks have areas for all age levels, but in comparison to the rest of the waterparks, the areas for the little ones are very small. I would wait until the kids are a bit older so the whole family can enjoy more of the activities. A 5 and 2 year old will tire out easily, and you will be paying for a full day of admission, but maybe only staying a couple of hours. The Fort has a splash area that a 5 and 2 year old will enjoy, and it's free for Fort guests.

As far as the theme parks go, the MK would have the most to do for your kids. Hollywood Studios has some things they may enjoy- including a live show based on Disney children's shows, and the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground. Maybe your 5 year old would enjoy some of the shows-like Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid- or those may be a little on the boring side for that age. My kids always enjoyed the dig area at Animal Kingdom, with the adjacent playground. Also, the safari and the walking paths, and the petting zoo at Rafiki's Planet Watch. When the Flower and Garden festival is going on, Epcot has a playground and some other things little ones would enjoy. Otherwise, Epcot would be the last of the four parks in terms of things for kids your age to do.

TCD

All good points, Andrew but if you already have the watrpark and fun option added to your tickets why not use them?

I agree- if you already have paid for the option use it. But, maybe someone with this age children should save the money and not add this option.

And, just so I'm clear- the waterparks can be a lot of fun for young kids- I'm just saying I think it's an expensive way to have a little fun.

TCD