Caramel Corn Cupcake at Karamell-Küche - Epcot Germany Pavillion

From the Disney Food blog...

Snack Series: Caramel Corn Cupcake at Karamell-Küche

May 2nd, 2012 by AJ.

You know how much I adore the recently opened Karamell-Küche in Epcot’s Germany pavilion. From caramel corn to salted, chocolate-covered caramels, this place is one of my very favorites for a snack at any time!

And on a recent visit, I got to try the new Caramel Corn cupcake! A combo of two of the new caramel store’s best products: cupcakes and incredible caramel corn!

Caramel-Corn-Cupcake-side-417x625.jpg

Caramel Corn Cupcake at Epcot's Germany Pavilion

This is an addition to the cupcake line-up at Karamell-Küche, which currently includes caramel vanilla, caramel chocolate, and combined vanilla chocolate (chocolate cake with vanilla frosting) with caramel versions. The caramel corn version is $4.99 or a Disney Dining Plan snack credit.

Caramel-Corn-Cupcake-542x625.jpg

Caramel Corn Cupcake

Once we bought our cupcake, we realized that it would be very difficult to do the photo shoot anywhere in the store, so here’s a great tip: carry your eats over to the Weinkeller two stores down from Karamell-Küche. There are several stand-up tables to catch the crumbs!

Digging in, you’ll find that the cupcake is very much like the regular vanilla cupcakes at the store: A plain yellow vanilla cake with hearty vanilla buttercream frosting is drizzled with that gorgeous Werther’s caramel. The addition of the caramel corn on top is new, and, personally, I liked the additional texture this added.

Caramel-Corn-cupcake-inside-600x400.jpg

Inside of Caramel Corn Cupcake

The only problem? The caramel corn was a bit stale at this point — likely because of the moisture it was picking up from the frosting and being in the refrigerated display case.

For some, this might be a deal breaker. But, like I said, I liked the added texture and flavor from the corn and we all know I’ve been known to eat some seriously stale Karamell-Küche caramel corn anyway. icon_wink.gif

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/02/snack-series-caramel-corn-cupcake-at-karamell-kuche/