Everything POP Food Court - Disney’s Pop Century Resort

From the Disney Food blog.

Guest Review: Lunch at Everything POP Food Court in Disney’s Pop Century Resort

May 15th, 2012 by AJ.

Welcome back guest author Catie Hiltz with a groovy review from Pop Century’s food court. Let’s join her for lunch…

My husband, parents and I were lucky enough to spend a week in Walt Disney World after Easter, and I have to say one of the best parts of the trip was the POP Century Resort. I was expecting it to be like the other Value Resorts, but I really loved the themeing and décor, the rooms were clean and not too wildly decorated, and we all especially loved the Everything POP Food Court.

Everything-Pop-Entrance-600x447.jpg

The outside of the POP Century Food Court

On this particular day, we came back around 2pm from a morning at the parks and decided to grab lunch here.

Atmosphere

Everything POP is arranged in a big open food court/shopping area, where the Resort gift shop is essentially part of the food court (which I really loved, because it combined 2 of my all time favorite things — food and shopping!).

The food court was relatively quiet and laid back, something you might not expect from a food court at a busy Disney Resort during Spring Break (and it was never too crowded, even on later trips back during busier times!). It never felt crowded and we never waited more than 5 minutes for food or to check out.

Everything-Pop-Food-Court-600x414.jpg

Food Court area

Everything-Pop-Looking-towards-gift-shop-600x398.jpg

Seating Area

Eats

As far as menu options, it’s pretty standard Disney Resort Food Court fare, with a few twists. You had your basic burgers/chicken nuggets/sandwiches/salads.

POP-LUNCH-4-600x350.jpg

Burgers and more!

POP-LUNCH-5-600x355.jpg

Sandwich/salad menu

POP-LUNCH-6-600x311.jpg

More Menu Options

But then there were things I hadn’t seen before at the Food Courts, like sushi, flatbreads, and chicken parmesan.

Sushi-600x315.jpg

Flatbreads, sushi and assorted packaged items

After checking out the menus and weighing all of the (tempting) options, I decided on the veggie calzone, which came with a side salad.

Hidden-Mickey-600x507.jpg

Veggie Calzone and Side Salad

They arranged the tomatoes in a Mickey shape…. on purpose maybe? Who knows, either way, I loved it! However, that was the only thing I loved about the salad. It was made fresh when I ordered it, with an iceberg lettuce/cabbage/carrot blend, and it was tossed with Italian dressing.

However, there was WAY too much dressing, it made the whole salad (and plate) oily, and after a few bites I decided to quit and focus on the calzone instead.

The calzone was filled with a ricotta/mozzarella blend that also had garlic, spinach, and red bell peppers in it. It was served with a side of marinara, which was chunky with tomatoes and onions.

The calzone had the perfect crust to filling ratio, and the filling was creamy and a good contrast to the crunchy top of the crust.

Chicken-Calzone-600x467.jpg

Inside of veggie calzone

My husband also had trouble deciding from the vast array of options, and finally landed on the Philly Cheesesteak wrap and fries.

Philly-Cheesesteak-Wrap-600x509.jpg

Inside view of the Philly Cheesesteak Wrap

The meat was moist, and had onions cooked in with it; the whole thing was topped with a generic melted cheese (American, probably), and served in a warm flour tortilla. He really liked it. His only complaint was that he wished there were also bell peppers in with the meat and onions.

The fries were perfect, fresh and crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, with just the right amount of salt (I would know, I kept stealing them off his plate, that’s how good they were!).

Since we were on the Dining plan, that meant we also got a dessert!

Desserts-600x374.jpg

Yummy Dessert options

Sundaes-600x355.jpg

Even MORE dessert choices

Here’s a Tip! While I was walking around taking pictures of all the stations, the girl at the ice cream station informed me that we could return within 90 minutes of eating and get a sundae as our dessert with our Disney Dining Plan meal, as long as we got our receipt stamped when we went through the checkout. And that is just what we did!

Sundae1-475x625.jpg

Our dessert – ice cream sundaes

They were big and delicious – three whole scoops of ice cream each! Plus there was a choice of toppings. I am glad we learned about this, as this was the perfect end to our meal!

Aside from being able to grab a meal here, there are many beverage options, including a cooler of beer and wine choices. I actually found the prices to be very reasonable for Disney, and they had a nice selection.

Beer-and-Wine-387x625.jpg

Beer and Wine Cooler

There are also plenty of grab and go snack options available here as well (many of which can be purchased with a Snack Credit on the Disney Dining Plan).

Grab-n-Go-494x625.jpg

Grab and go options, including packaged snacks

Bakery-Items-600x570.jpg

Baked Goods Case

Beverages-and-More-600x487.jpg

Grab and Go Items

Ice-Cream-Novelties-600x403.jpg

Ice Cold Treats – Including Mickey Bars!

Overall

We really thought we were getting our money’s worth at the Everything POP Food Court. The portions were large, the staff was fast and polite, and most importantly, the food tasted good! We returned here several more times during our trip, and we were never disappointed; the food was always fresh and our experiences here solidified POP Century as our top pick for a Disney Value Resort (meaning we will definitely be back to stay, and EAT in the future!).

Let us know what you think about Pop Century Food Court! Any favorite meals or choices?

Catie has been a Disney fanatic ever since her first ride on Space Mountain at age 4. She is the author of Living in a Grown Up World, and she is a huge fan of food, Minnie Mouse, and all things Disney!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/15/guest-review-lunch-at-everything-pop-food-court-in-disneys-pop-century-resort/