Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner - Magic Kingdom

From the Disney Food blog. Follow the link at the end for more photos...

Guest Review: Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

May 18th, 2012 by AJ.

Join me in welcoming back guest author Aaron Crum as he takes us to the Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom for a family-style meal!

Imagine this: you are walking through Walt Disney World, and suddenly you find yourself immersed in colonial America.

Not only are you reliving some of American history, you discover that it’s Thanksgiving Day and a feast has been prepared for you to enjoy.

Welcome to Liberty Tree Tavern!

Atmosphere

Liberty Tree Tavern is located in the Liberty Square area of Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. The lobby has somewhat of a “lodge” feel to it. There is a lot of exposed wood and very open spaces.

DSC02414-349x525.jpg

When we visited, the computers were down, causing several delays and the restaurant to be extremely crowded. After waiting outside for our table to be ready, we were summoned to the lobby and taken to our table.

DSC02417-500x333.jpg

Decor

There are several different dining rooms within Liberty Tree Tavern, all themed after historical figures from United States history. We happened to be seated in the first dining room off of the main lobby. (Check out some fun, little-known details about the themeing of Liberty Tree Tavern here!)

While the restaurant was still fairly crowded, we noticed that there wasn’t a whole lot of noise coming from the lobby, so that was nice.

DSC02428-500x333.jpg

Decor

We were able to enjoy our meal without the distraction of the crowded lobby, or the ongoing parade outside.

Eats

After being seated, our waitress came to our table and delivered us some rolls with butter, and salad. The yeast rolls and honey butter could have been a meal for me. I could have eaten 10 of them.

The rolls were warm and soaked up the sweet butter making for a tasty way to start the meal.

DSC02434-500x270.jpg

Yeast Rolls and Butter

The salad was nothing special, although it was a nice change of pace from typical appetizers.

DSC02436-500x336.jpg

Salad

Upon finishing the bread and salad, our waitress asked us, “So are you ready for dinner?” I laughed and asked her, “Is that a serious question?”

DSC02437-488x525.jpg

Liberty Tree Tavern mug

One by one, dishes filled our table, and each dish looked better than the one that hit the table before. Our table was filled with green beans, carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac and cheese, turkey, pork loin, beef, and stuffing.

The green beans were good, but I am from the south and like mine cooked with bacon, and tender. These green beans were a little “waxy” and had a very crisp texture. They were still very tasty, just not my preferred way to eat green beans.

DSC02442-500x333.jpg

Green Beans

The carrots were cooked just right, not too crisp and not too mushy!

DSC02439-500x333.jpg

Carrots

The mashed potatoes still had chunks of potatoes in them and were just as good as the kind you would have on Thanksgiving afternoon!

The mac and cheese looked like something that would come out of the box. However, I prefer the saucy and large noodle kind of mac and cheese, and that is exactly what I got. I thought the mac and cheese was one of the best dishes on the table.

DSC02441-500x333.jpg

Mac and Cheese

All of the meats were very good. None of them were over cooked, and each one was full of flavor.

The risk you run when you eat at a place like Liberty Tree Tavern is that because the food is mass produced, the details tend to get overlooked, which results in over-cooked food. This was NOT the case.

The stuffing was hidden beneath the plate of meat, but I am not quite sure why they wanted to hide it. This stuffing was some of the best I have ever had, and it honestly shocked me. It had a great herbal flavor and was very moist.

DSC02440-500x333.jpg

Tavern Dishes

As if we weren’t full already, our plates were cleared and dessert was set on our table. It was called, “Johnny Appleseed Cake.” It consisted of white cake, apples, craisins, and ice cream. It tasted very much like apple pie a la mode, but the craisins give it a nice little twist — and besides, you can’t really ever go wrong with apple pie and ice cream.

DSC02444-500x333.jpg

Dessert

Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern is family-style, and all you care to eat, so we could have ordered more of any of these dishes.

Overall

If thanksgiving is what you love, or if you just love to eat, Liberty Tree Tavern is just what the doctor ordered.

The drawback is that because this restaurant is in the park, it tends to get crowded easily. Consider making reservations for non-peak dining times.

If you can find the time to squeeze this restaurant into your plans, I am fairly certain you won’t be disappointed. Remember this is a family style buffet, so eat until your heart is content and don’t be afraid to ask for seconds…or thirds.

What’s your favorite dish at Liberty Tree Tavern? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/18/guest-review-liberty-tree-tavern-dinner-2/