options for pet health care...

i have taken two of my dogs to a VOM (veterinary orthopedic manipulation).  this is like a chiropractor for animals.  not the same-but similar.  the VOM is less agressive adjustments.  this is the blog that nancy has up and running.  i am going to be putting my testimonial on it soon. 

http://thevomlady.blogspot.com/2010/10/about-nancy.html

VOM can help with so many things:

Acute and non-acute lameness

Progressive lameness

Hip Dysplasia-like syndromes

IV disc disease

Progressive myelopathies ("down in the rears" dogs)

Urinary and fecal incontinence

Unilateral lameness

Wobbler's Disease

Diseases of the knee

Esophageal disease

Increased of decreased GI mobility disease

Digestive disorders

Performance problems

Behavioral problem

Agility dysfunction

Endocrine disease

Many more

VOM's work on horses, cats and dogs.  thelma had a knee that she popped out the knee cap.  we went for treatments and she was feeling much better but, then she blew out her other knee.  which is common with luxating patellas.  so, we did more treatments.  it didnt' take long - maybe 6 - 8 treatments and now you would never know that she had a problem.  she does know her limits-like she won't go up stairs.  i have to carry her up. 

duke did something to his hip/back leg.  we took him in and he is much better.  he is not completely healed-he is a young boy and doesn't know he can't run and body slam into the others without getting hurt again.  so, he goes in on a more regular basis.  but, both the dogs are doing great after treatments.  i have seen rescues go from being hunched over and not looking around to tailwagging and heads up.  this is a great option for any issues your pet may have.  i will post a few pics of dukes treatment in a little while.

check out her blog and keep an open mind to other treatment options..

these first 3 pics are of duke getting the first part of the treatment.  she goes all the way from the shoulders, down the spine and into the hips.  she uses this tool that clicks and i believe it puts the joints back into place. not positive but that is how i see it. lol  she goes down the spine 3 times and can see the reads start to clear up.

pict0011-1.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

pict0014.jpg

the next thing is like a little jack hammer. lol my description - not correct. lol  but, she uses this to help massage the joints all the way down and longer in areas that need it.

pict0015-1.jpg

the last two pics are of the alpha sonic machine that she uses. 

pict0016.jpg

pict0017-3.jpg

the last thing she uses is the cold laser.  you can see everything that is used and what it is used for (not in my words-lol) on her blog.  it is really neat and it is great to the difference in dogs that you wouldn't think would ever change... 

if you search for VOM techs-they are everywhere.  i would say around every 50 miles you will find at least 1 here in wisconsin.  but, not many people have heard of them and what they do. my vet was not sure at first until he saw her work on a shepard.  nobody trusted this dog.  the vet was always watchful of him.  when nancy started to work on him she tried really hard not to be hesitant with him.  she was concerned but did her whole routine on him.  by the end of the treatment the dog was rubbing against her.  he never did that to anyone-even the owners.  my vet was sold from that point on.

i guess it is like us gettig an adjustment or a massage-we feel so much better afterwards.  you can see the difference in the dogs too.