We have quite a few unused 1-day tickets from previous trips when we purchased premium/platinum plans. I found this:

I previously purchased a theme park ticket. Can I upgrade my ticket to an Annual Pass and take advantage of the Annual Pass Monthly Payment program?

Yes, if you are a Florida Resident. You can upgrade a Florida Resident theme park ticket to a Florida Resident Annual Pass with the Monthly Payment Program at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window or Guest Relations location within 14 days of the first use of the ticket. Upgrades are not available online or via phone at this time

on the http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholder/#subCategory1

I just want to make sure that I am seeing this correctly, we can use the ticket and then use it for the down payment on our monthly payment plan?

Thanks Carol! I was hoping you would chime in! That is what I thought it was saying! I have used 3 or 4 day passes and then upgraded to season passes before, but wasn't sure about using the 1day and the monthly plan. We may be able to go to a park in July!