Take it easy on a newbie...I need list help.

You're in Texas. It's 101 right now. It was 107 last week. Supposed to be 104 Sunday. While hot is hot, you're more used to the heat than some.

That is not Florida heat.Florida has Humidity sometimes up to 90%. Yesterday it 92 and the feel like was over 100. I walked out side yesterday just for about 2 mins and was soaked by the time I went in.

I was just at Disney in a tent in this heat, and I was FINE!

I had a larger fan outside right in front of my chair. I had a smaller fan in my tent for night time. I was perfectly comfortable at night. It dropped to the low 70's.

Now in the middle of the day, inside the tent was a sauna, but I just didn't go in the tent during the day.

The key to sleeping comfortable in a tent in the summer (and the winter) is take a shower right before bedtime. You get clean and dry. You will sleep better. The sticky sweat from the day is gone.

Thanks again everyone...I'm making one last shopping trip today for a compact fan and am just going to hope for the best! I will say that prepping for this trip has been a ton more work vs just another resort but I'm excited.

It also occurred to me (thank goodness) that I couldn't Magical Express our checked luggage due to all of the camping equipment. Wouldn't that have been a lovely disaster it not showing up for hours?!? :rofl2:

Thanks again everyone...I'm making one last shopping trip today for a compact fan and am just going to hope for the best! I will say that prepping for this trip has been a ton more work vs just another resort but I'm excited.

It also occurred to me (thank goodness) that I couldn't Magical Express our checked luggage due to all of the camping equipment. Wouldn't that have been a lovely disaster it not showing up for hours?!? :rofl2:

Maryann to keep your travel wt down just rent a car at Disney they will pick you up and drop you off at the outpost and I think the cost is $35 a day you can go to Walmart and get all you supplys there or ship them thier. Airlines will kill you wilth over wt rates.

I have Magical Expressed my camping gear before and it was not a real issue. When does your flight arrive? I think the time or two I did that, my flight arrived 8:30 pm, I was at the Fort by 9:45, and my stuff arrived within 10 minutes of the time I finished check in.

Our flight arrives at 9:55 am on Thursday...I've usually had good luck with ME'ing my stuff but I booked out the rest of the day so it would be a gamble if it arrived early or not so I'm torn.

We have two bags under 50 lbs we're checking so it's running us $100 round trip for baggage. I can definitely make a list of things I'd do differently on another trip but so far I can't complain.

Yeah, if your day is busy, then I would just leave the yellow ME tags off your bags, claim them at the carousel, and take them downstairs to the buses. They will load them underneath, and you'll have your stuff. The only problem you may run into is that your site is not ready until 1pm or later. That is a possibility if it is a busy checkout day.