Gelato Ice Cream Sandwiches - Italy Pavilion, Epcot

New Gelato Ice Cream Sandwiches - YUM!! From the Disney Food blog...

Snack Series: Gelato Ice Cream Sandwiches in Epcot’s Italy

Aug 2nd, 2012 by AJ.

Happy National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, everyone! And in honor of this important day, it’s time to head back to one of my favorite spots for a frosty treat, the Tutto Italia cart in Epcot’s Italy!

I couldn’t wait to tell you guys about the Coppa Delizia sundae at this very spot a few months ago, so I wondered what other delicious treats they might have to satisfy a craving for cold and creamy on a hot Florida summer day.

Italy-Gelato-500x225.jpg

Gelato Selections

I was excited to see that the menu had changed a bit, and the kiosk was now offering Gelato Cookie Sandwiches! I wondered if these would be as good as the Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches you can find throughout the parks…

You can choose from pre-made sandwiches, or you can request that your cookie treat be custom-made with your choice of gelato flavor.

Pre-made-Gelato-Cookie-Sandwich-Tutto-Italia-444x625.jpg

Pre-made Gelato Cooke Sandwiches

I decided to go for a custom sandwich. While I’m probably not going to turn down a cookie sandwich most of the time, I prefer them freshly made. There’s just something so awesome about that fresh – not frozen – cookie/ice cream combination.

gelato-Cookie-sandwich-up-close-tutto-italia-600x391.jpg

Custom-Made Gelato Cookie Sandwich Up Close

While the sandwich was good, the cookies were a little crisp for my preference…and I definitely didn’t seem to have as much gelato on my custom treat as the pre-made ones had. icon_wink.gif

gelato-cookie-sandwich-cross-section-tutto-italia-600x461.jpg

Custom-Made Gelato Cookie Sandwich Cross Section

Still, on a hot hot hot day in Florida, this is a delicious treat. And actually, it’s nice to have a dessert that I can actually finish completely on my own, rather than having to share. These were just the right size!

If you love ice cream sandwiches, check out all of the cool places that you can get customized versions in all four parks!

Will you be trying this new take on the delicious gelato in Italy? Let us know in comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/02/snack-series-gelato-ice-cream-sandwiches-in-epcots-italy/