Le Cellier’s White Truffle Butter Sauce

From the Disney Food Blog...

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Recipe: Le Cellier’s White Truffle Butter Sauce

Aug 3rd, 2012 by AJ.

It’s almost Epcot Food and Wine Festival time (the best time of the year!). So far, we know the Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booth Menus, and we even know the special events that will be offered at the festival. As we lead up to the big opening day, I’ll be posting reviews and recipes from the main event.

Today, we have an incredibly indulgent recipe for you…

photo-5-2-500x375.jpg

2011 Canada Booth

You know that I am a huge fan of Le Cellier Steakhouse in Epcot’s Canada pavilion. And when I go there, I often order the Mushroom Filet Mignon!

This fantastic filet — one of my favorites in Disney restaurants — is topped with a white truffle butter sauce that’s pretty freakin’ awesome. I love it so much that I recently discovered that I can order extra when I’m at the restaurant (and I do)!

Mushroom-Filet-Mignon-with-white-truffle-butter-sauce-and-micro-chevril-500x433.jpg

Mushroom Filet Mignon with White Truffle Butter Sauce and Micro Chervil

This dish is scheduled to be featured in the Canadian Booth at the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, so I wanted to share a recipe for the sauce so you can make it at home!

If you’ve been dying to try it yourself but don’t have a trip planned, then this is the recipe for you!

Ingredients:

1 shallot, sliced, and Olive oil to coat

1 cup white wine

1 cup heavy cream

1 ounce truffle oil

1/4 cup butter, cubed

Juice of 1 lemon

kosher salt to taste

pepper to taste

1 tablespoon chives, minced fine

Method:

1. Sauté shallots in the olive oil until translucent.

2. Add wine and reduce by 90 percent. Add the cream and reduce by 75 percent.

3. Remove from heat and whip in the butter and truffle oil.

4. Season with salt and pepper.

5. Add lemon juice to taste.

6. Strain.

7. Stir in chives and keep warm.

I can’t wait to dive into this at the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival! I’ll see you in line at the Canada booth!

For more details and updates about the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, be sure to keep an eye on our 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival page!

Will you be trying this awesome sauce at home? Leave us a comment and let us know how it turns

out for you!

Recipe Adapted From: All Ears

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/03/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-recipe-le-celliers-white-truffle-butter-sauce/