Disney Strawberry Shortcake Desserts

From the Disney Food Blog...

Disney Strawberry Shortcake Desserts

Sep 5th, 2012 by Kim.

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! Anyone who’s been to Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness knows how historic this dessert is at Walt Disney World!

And, luckily, there are several versions to sample around the parks and resorts! Let’s take a peek at a few that we enjoy…

Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons

Nestled on the lower level of the Land pavilion in Epcot, Sunshine Seasons is known for market-fresh eats.

One of the best desserts at Epcot (and also a great value) is the strawberry shortcake. Fresh strawberries, smooth whipped cream and gorgeous vanilla shortcake are layered together for a fresh and decadent treat.

Strawberry-Shortcake-at-Sunshine-Seasons-531x625.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons

Strawberry Shortcake Sundae at Storybook Treats

In the Magic Kingdom, Storybook Treats (formerly Mrs. Potts’) dishes up refreshing snacks, including the strawberry shortcake sundae, topped with vanilla soft-serve and strawberry topping.

Even though it’s not traditional, we love the thick, moist pound cake!

Sat-Sun-115-481x525.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake Sundae

Strawberry Shortcake at Beaches and Cream

Retro treats are the draw at Beaches and Cream, a quaint soda shop at the Beach Club resort.

The made-to-order presentation adds straight-from-Mom’s-kitchen awesomeness to the strawberry shortcake here. A sponge-like cake is topped with freshly made strawberry compote. A huge scoop of vanilla ice cream and a large dollop of whipped cream round out this classic treat.

Sprinkles and a cherry? You bet.

Strawberry-Shortcake-387x525.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake at BoardWalk Bakery

Home to some of our favorite treats, the BoardWalk Bakery introduced a new cupcake last year — the Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake!

Strawberries drizzled in Grand Marnier add decadence to this refreshing snack. Light frosting is piled on top with a surprise center of fresh, juicy strawberries — and they don’t make the cupcake one bit soggy!

Strawberry-Shortcake-Cupcake-412x550.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake

Strawberry Shortcake at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Pioneer Hall is at Fort Wilderness is home to the foot-stomping fun that takes place each night at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. You won’t find a better dessert presentation anywhere in Disney World — this strawberry shortcake is part of the grand finale.

Strawberry-Shortcake-500x476.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake

For those who have been to Hoop Dee Doo in the past, here’s the former incarnation of the Strawberry Shortcake!

strawberry-shortcake.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Shortcake at Plaza Inn in Disneyland

For those on the west coast, be sure to see if the Strawberry Shortcake is on the dessert list at Plaza Inn on your next visit! This decadent, over-the-top gorgeous dessert is from a counter service restaurant — can you believe it? It tasted just as good as it looks…

strawberry-shortcake-350x525.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake at Plaza Inn in Disneyland

Remember, the desserts are rotated in this restaurant, so it might not be there when you are.

Strawberry Shortcake Dessert at Earl of Sandwich

The more-famous-every-day Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney has the marketplace cornered on great made-to-order sandwiches — but they also offer incredible desserts like this Strawberry shortcake.

Earl-Strawberry-Dessert.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake Dessert

There’s also a counter-service strawberry shortcake at the Animal Kingdom’s Campfire Treats. Has anyone tried it?

What’s your favorite strawberry shortcake in a Disney restaurant? And if we missed any, please do us a favor and let us know! icon_wink.gif

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/09/05/disney-strawberry-shortcake-desserts/

• 8 months later...

I always eat at Sunshine Seasons! Its crazy with people coming and going! LOL!I love it!  I ride soaring! I eat here either before or afte the ride! I always get a good affordable meal, something other than a hamburger, always find a table! In fact the food is as good or better than some of the table service reservations I have made in the past.  One of the few places at Disney to get a free refill on drink!   I'm not a  person who usually gets a desert with the meal but I can't say no to the strawberry shortcake at Seasons! Its good! I have read they have a good breakfast, too!