Western Caribbean Cruise...

in October (first or second week). Would you do it? What about hurricanes? :walk-plank-smiley:

Alex & I have been debating a trip for our 10 year anniversary (10/3/14)...either a somewhat nice trip for just us or an awesome trip for all 4 of us. And last night he suggested a Disney Cruise! (yes i think talking about all the awesome TRs has worked!) We want to do a whole week, so it would either be an Eastern Caribbean or Western Caribbean on the Fantasy! But I got thinking about the timing...would you cruise in October?

Yes. In a hearbeat.

We did a Western DCL cruise for Thanksgiving week in 2005.

That was the year there were so many named storms that they ran out of names, and started calling the storms be Greek letters.

So, we sailed just as Tropical Storm Gamma was coming through the Caribbean.

We were fine.

DCL, like all cruise lines, has plans on what to do in case of storms. If needed, they will change the itenerary. They want the cruise to happen. They want your money. They aren't going to get a little thing like a hurricane get in the way.

The attraction on DCL is the ship, not the ports.

TCD

Yes! That would be a most awesome 10th anniversary. We did a 25th anniversary Disney cruise in early December 2010 and reading this last trip report by DaveInTN really makes me want to go again! I think TCD is right about the hurricane issue and about the trip being about the ship. I wouldn't have cared where we sailed to & we didn't even get off at Nassau.

Cool! Our anniversary is on the 3rd of this month too! We have cruised on Carnival in October and there were a couple hurricanes around at the time. We ended up skipping one of our ports of call because of it. But I would go again at any time, plus it was cheaper that time of year then. I really want to do a Disney Cruise now! I told my hubby we should for our 25th, but that's 5 long years away.

We cruised a Western for our 10th anniversary in October and I would do it again in a heartbeat. We got rearranged, added, and skipped ports of call, but it was still a fantastic time. The only caveat I would give is make sure you get trip insurance and that your connections to the port won't be messed up by a storm in the area (i.e. don't fly in the morning that the ship departs).