Sunshine Seasons at Epcot's The Land pavilion

Disney Food Blog has posted a review of the Sunshine Seasons food court, located at The Land pavilion in Epcot's Future World. Menus of all the food stations are also posted...

http://www.disneyfoo...asons-in-epcot/

A few excerpts...

Sunshine-Seasons-Dessert-Case-with-Cupcakes-389x625.jpg

Dessert Case with Cupcakes

The Roast Beets and Goat Cheese Salad with Honey Sherry Dressing is comprised of fresh mixed greens and soft, roasted red and yellow beets tossed with a mild dressing that has just a tiny kick of acid from the vinegar.

Three rounds of goat cheese are placed on the side of the salad.

Sunshine-Seasons-Beet-Salad-with-Goat-Cheese-600x381.jpg

Beet Salad with Goat Cheese

The goat cheese slices appear to be coated in a few sesame seeds, which add a bit of texture to the otherwise creamy rounds.

Atop the salad is a very thin, crispy piece of bread that was, unfortunately, a little hard to eat.

Close-up-of-Goat-Cheese-Rounds-600x472.jpg

Close-up of Goat Cheese Rounds

A composed bit of this salad offered a nice balance: fresh greens, sweet beet, vinegar dressing, creamy cheese, and cracker-like bread. The flavors complimented one another, and the textures gave it an interesting mouth-feel. The goat cheese, for me, was a little strong, so I tried to use small bits of it so I wouldn’t overpower the rest of the flavors.

But the moment I had been waiting for came after my light lunch: dessert. For months, I had been reading up on Sunshine Seasons’ desserts, and the one I decided was not-to-be-missed was the strawberry shortcake.

Growing up, this was always my favorite, so the decision was really a no-brainer. And I’m so glad I stuck with my choice. This strawberry shortcake is a sweet layering of light cake, sweet strawberries, and not-too-sweet dense whipped cream.

Sunshine-Seasons-Strawberry-Shortcake-486x625.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake

The cake had the airiness of angel food cake but was thin and easy to manage with just a plastic fork. The strawberries were sweet and abundant, placed throughout each layer in large, juicy chunks. The whipped cream was a great discovery; it was subtly sweet and not at all greasy (as I often find some “light” frostings and creams to be).

A composed bite was very easy to create, and I am not ashamed to say that I tried to avoid sharing this dessert.