Planning first ever trip to the Ft. Is there a map?

I perused the sticky threads under "general discussion". There apparently at one time was a link to a page with a good map?? When I clicked, it said page unavailable. The only other map I could find was a cartoonish looking map. That'll do, I guess, but I was hoping for something a little more accurate--and easy to read. 

Also, is there a sticky post or a page that kind of summarizes the pros and cons of each loop? 

Thanks! I was really happy to find this community!

7 hours ago, momto4girlz said:

I perused the sticky threads under "general discussion". There apparently at one time was a link to a page with a good map?? When I clicked, it said page unavailable. The only other map I could find was a cartoonish looking map. That'll do, I guess, but I was hoping for something a little more accurate--and easy to read. 

Also, is there a sticky post or a page that kind of summarizes the pros and cons of each loop? 

Thanks! I was really happy to find this community!

Welcome!

There's a copy of the official Fort Wilderness map that Disney provides to Fort guests on the 3rd and 4th page of this PDF link: http://image.emails.disneydestinations.com/lib/fe9d15737d66047d71/m/8/PWR1FAKf.pdf

Also, the on-line map Disney provides on its website accurately depicts the Fort.

As far as pros and cons of each individual loop, I don't think that's ever been the subject of a thread here, but there have definitely been discussions pertaining to certain loop levels.

Have you made a reservation yet?  The first step would be for you to figure out what kind of site you want to reserve.  What kind of equipment do you plan on camping in?  Motorhome, trailer, tent, or what?  Do you plan to bring a pet with you?  Are you planning to spend most of your time in the parks, or at the Fort?  Do you plan to visit the pools a lot?  Will you have a golf cart?  All of these details and more can influence what loop might be best for you.

TCD

16 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Welcome!

There's a copy of the official Fort Wilderness map that Disney provides to Fort guests on the 3rd and 4th page of this PDF link: http://image.emails.disneydestinations.com/lib/fe9d15737d66047d71/m/8/PWR1FAKf.pdf

Also, the on-line map Disney provides on its website accurately depicts the Fort.

As far as pros and cons of each individual loop, I don't think that's ever been the subject of a thread here, but there have definitely been discussions pertaining to certain loop levels.

Have you made a reservation yet?  The first step would be for you to figure out what kind of site you want to reserve.  What kind of equipment do you plan on camping in?  Motorhome, trailer, tent, or what?  Do you plan to bring a pet with you?  Are you planning to spend most of your time in the parks, or at the Fort?  Do you plan to visit the pools a lot?  Will you have a golf cart?  All of these details and more can influence what loop might be best for you.

TCD

And lately, you are just glad to be able to get a reservation at all, let alone picking a level or a loop.