It is beautiful, right on the water across from the campfire area/bike barn. It's named sunny sage loop, and that is an understatement! LOTS OF SUN!! When we loop through there in the summer months, we thank god we aren't staying there, as there is hardly any shady spots. If you're planning November, it shouldn't be too bad, as temps are usually lower. I posted a pic of one of the sites in the fort sites section.

It is beautiful, right on the water across from the campfire area/bike barn. It's named sunny sage loop, and that is an understatement! LOTS OF SUN!! When we loop through there in the summer months, we thank god we aren't staying there, as there is hardly any shady spots. If you're planning November, it shouldn't be too bad, as temps are usually lower. I posted a pic of one of the sites in the fort sites section.

Thanks stef, I was thinking November would be the best time to be in that loop too. I love the sunshine and it just looks so pretty.

I'd be sure to request the outside of the loop (water side) since many of the inside sites back RIGHT up to the sidewalk and road. Also note that the loop does not have it's own comfort station, and there are none close by, either, so it's best to have your own usable facilities or a golf cart.

I'd be sure to request the outside of the loop (water side) since many of the inside sites back RIGHT up to the sidewalk and road. Also note that the loop does not have it's own comfort station, and there are none close by, either, so it's best to have your own usable facilities or a golf cart.

Shanta could you suggest any site numbers to request. The comfort station is not an issue for us but we will have a GC this trip thanks to Kenny :rofl2:

Hmmmm.... tell you about the 600 loop..... hmmmmm....

The 600 loop is the loop on the northeast side of the Meadow Trading Post.  At one time it was about half as big as it is now, but in the Great Fort Remodeling of 2008, The Mouse in his infinite wisdom, decided that he could squeeze some more money out of unsuspecting campers by adding 15 or so more sites.

Site 617 is rightfully named the "Snag-A-Burger" site.  It is so named because if the occupants of site 617 use the grill to cook up some burgers, they run the risk of said burgers being swiped by passers-by heading to the movie/sing-a-long.  However, if said occupants of site 617 are entrepreneurial by nature, they could make a killing selling burgers to said passers-by heading to the movie/sing-along.  They could also set up a popcorn cart, sell bags of buttered popcorn for half the rate that The Mouse charges, have a cooler full of soft drinks and sell those for $0.50/can - and still make a profit!!  This is the one money making idea PolkaDotSuitcase forgot to include in her book.

The old section of 600 has trees.  The new section does not.  Some sites on 600 come with gators, some sites do not.

What else would you like to know about 600??

:rofl2: :rofl2: :siren:

Hmmmm.... tell you about the 600 loop..... hmmmmm....

The 600 loop is the loop on the northeast side of the Meadow Trading Post.  At one time it was about half as big as it is now, but in the Great Fort Remodeling of 2008, The Mouse in his infinite wisdom, decided that he could squeeze some more money out of unsuspecting campers by adding 15 or so more sites.

Site 617 is rightfully named the "Snag-A-Burger" site.  It is so named because if the occupants of site 617 use the grill to cook up some burgers, they run the risk of said burgers being swiped by passers-by heading to the movie/sing-a-long.  However, if said occupants of site 617 are entrepreneurial by nature, they could make a killing selling burgers to said passers-by heading to the movie/sing-along.  They could also set up a popcorn cart, sell bags of buttered popcorn for half the rate that The Mouse charges, have a cooler full of soft drinks and sell those for $0.50/can - and still make a profit!!  This is the one money making idea PolkaDotSuitcase forgot to include in her book.

The old section of 600 has trees.  The new section does not.  Some sites on 600 come with gators, some sites do not.

What else would you like to know about 600??

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Oh I don't know. It's been about 3 years since we have been there, so I guess i have a million questions. Our most recent trips we have been in either 500 or 800. Before that we always stayed in the 300 loop.

I'd rather not tempt any gators with a chihuahua snack and I'm sure Disney would find a way to cut into my profits if I started a fast food stand, good idea though :rofl2:

So if you were me where would you request, keeping in mind that my plan is to spend most of my time at the Fort and will have a GC :banana:

I'm assuming you have requested a premium site??

All kidding aside, my favorite premium loops are 1300 (around the curve from the CS), 1200, 1000 (sites 1013 & higher), 1100 (except the sites that back up to the cabins-1106 is my fav site) and 900 on the outside of the loop.  I also like 500 IF you can get a canal site.

Of the premium loops, 1400 is my least favorite.  I don't know why....it just is.... with the exception of site 1431.

The old section of 600 is very pretty amongst the trees.  The new section reminds me of a KOA - as in - no trees.

I find most of the sites on 800 to be crammed together.  The 700 loop has a lot of issues with water and sewer - as in the water lines always seem to break and make a mess.

While a golf cart isn't necessary - it sure makes things fun!! 

post-19-130444189986_thumb.gif

I'm assuming you have requested a premium site??

All kidding aside, my favorite premium loops are 1300 (around the curve from the CS), 1200, 1000 (sites 1013 & higher), 1100 (except the sites that back up to the cabins-1106 is my fav site) and 900 on the outside of the loop.  I also like 500 IF you can get a canal site.

Of the premium loops, 1400 is my least favorite.  I don't know why....it just is.... with the exception of site 1431.

The old section of 600 is very pretty amongst the trees.  The new section reminds me of a KOA - as in - no trees.

I find most of the sites on 800 to be crammed together.  The 700 loop has a lot of issues with water and sewer - as in the water lines always seem to break and make a mess.

While a golf cart isn't necessary - it sure makes things fun!!

Yes premium, no more coquina for me :rofl2:  Our very first trip was in 800 in 1988, it was fine with the Transvan and tent but I agree way too crammed together for a motorhome.  We stayed in  1400 before it was converted, I didn't really care for the site, it was nice that trip cause we had our oldest and his family with us.

Never been in any of the others that you mentioned, I have had the pleasure of the 1900 loop once, never again, thank you very much. No swamps for me. Yes I am spoiled :rofl2:

We will be at All Stars on the 20th so I thought I might stop into the Fort and check out some of the changes. I t might give me a better idea of what things are like now. And I might have to try one of those hotdogs :banana:

Personally I love the 600 loop even though some people don't appreciate the lengthening of it. I have stayed in the 600 I think 5  times now. The road side doesn't bother me even with a bedroom facing the road it never bothers me. I don't know who numbered the sites but the first 2 when you enter are 601 and 602 these both back up to the Meadow Trading post. Then 603 is on the left as are the odd numbered sites down to somewhere like 620 then the odds change sides. On the right backing up to the pond are 604 thru 614 all even numbers down to 620 and 621 is on the right up to 635 which all back up to the canal then they change again as the last one 637 just backs up lol. The configurations in the loop are funny also as there are some sites that are huge and some in the middle on the left are small for Perm sites.

I like 606 when the weather is cooler as there is NO shade and 635 for 4th of July week.

Personally I love the 600 loop even though some people don't appreciate the lengthening of it. I have stayed in the 600 I think 5  times now. The road side doesn't bother me even with a bedroom facing the road it never bothers me. I don't know who numbered the sites but the first 2 when you enter are 601 and 602 these both back up to the Meadow Trading post. Then 603 is on the left as are the odd numbered sites down to somewhere like 620 then the odds change sides. On the right backing up to the pond are 604 thru 614 all even numbers down to 620 and 621 is on the right up to 635 which all back up to the canal then they change again as the last one 637 just backs up lol. The configurations in the loop are funny also as there are some sites that are huge and some in the middle on the left are small for Perm sites.

I like 606 when the weather is cooler as there is NO shade and 635 for 4th of July week.

Thanks Bob. I have seen some pictures. I kind of like the open feel of it.

• 1 month later...

I think 601 to 615 are the newer sites & 616 to 637 are in the more shaded area. I also have noticed that some of the newer sites that back up to the water have a pretty good drop off on the sides once you are off the pad site.  On the average, the most shaded sites are on the old part that backs up to the road, at least from the afternoon sun.

There is a pretty good drop off? It's a pretty wet drop off lol. There are some nice sites in the old part but there are also some sites that I would refuse to pay premium price for esp on the left side.