From the Disney Parks Blog...

orn729101small.jpg

The one parade I remember from my childhood visits to Walt Disney World Resort was the Main Street Electrical Parade. Upon hearing the opening bars of “Baroque Hoedown,” I’m immediately transported to warm summer nights enjoying the dazzling lights. As my fellow author Jennifer Fickley-Baker explained in this article, the parade originally debuted at Disneyland park in June 1972 and later at Walt Disney World Resort in June 1977. Since June is an anniversary month for this classic parade, I thought a look at a new Disney ear hat ornament set would be wonderful. This limited edition set will be released August at Disney Parks. I caught up with Disney Design Group artist Costa Alavezos who designed this set to learn more.

pet820173small.jpg

“I was happy to work on this ear hat ornament set as the Main Street Electrical Parade is loved by so many guests,” explained Costa. “For the ornaments, I selected some of the most memorable float including my favorite – ‘To Honor America.’ That float is one of the longest in the parade. I considered making ornaments featuring every element from that section, but that would have been a massive ornament set [laughs]. So I chose to focus only on the iconic bald eagle, a symbol of the United States of America.”

eag710171small.jpg

The set has five different ornaments that will light up. I think my favorite is Elliot the dragon from “Pete’s Dragon” (I photographed him above with the light mechanism turned on). The set will have an edition size of 600, and will be released at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort in August. The Disney Parks online store will also carry it at a yet-to-be determined date.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/06/electrifying-ear-hat-ornament-set-coming-to-disney-parks-in-august/