Home Made Salt Scrub

You know Basin soap store at Downtown Disney?  I walk around it each visit but I rarely buy anything.  

They sell salt scrub that really makes your hands feel good; but, it's very expensive.  It's really easy to make your own and so much cheaper.    It isn't an exact recipe either.   Here's an overview I found:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/homemade-hand-scrubs-for-gardeners/

A basic recipe on most websites is 1 part oil mixed with 2 parts salt or sugar.   

I've used olive oil, regular corn oil, coconut oil.   

I've added a few drops of Vitamin E Oil.  I'd like to try a bit of Lemon Essential Oil. 

Sea Salt is a usually coarser that table salt or sugar so it's a little "scrubbier".   I've seen epsom salts listed but the kind I have is too course. 

I have also made it using part oil and part dish soap for all of the oil.  It's particularly good for using after working in the garden.   I used the Suave blue bath soap, the oceany smelling one, which added a nice light blue color to it. 

The link above recommends using all soap with no oil if you are going to use the scrub in the shower. 

It makes a very nice gift, too.  

I like recipes that are this forgiving. 

I make mine with sugar and usually olive oil. I've been experimenting with skin so soft bath oil, but I really think the olive oil works better. I've been using it to try to rehydrate dry , sun damaged skin.

The coconut oil is supposed to be good for dry skin. You can buy it in the cooking oil section.