magic hours and guests

so my in-laws are staying off property while we are at disney. They will have park tickets of their own and be registered as guests to our site. Will they be able to utilize the magic hours? Also how does disney know if anyone still in the park for magic hours are guests at disney resorts or not? I know the morning ones its a matter of what time they let you in, but what about the night-time ones? Also what do I eed to bring to get in for AM magic hours? Thanks

As long as they are registered as guest on your site they should also have room key cards( like yours) and that is what they check at the extra hours to make sure your a resort guest. The last time we were there you had to show your card as you were getting in line for a ride, not sure if it's the same now.

We were in MK for extra hours until 3 am Wednesday night. We were never asked for resort id. Haven't been asked for anything in quite a few years now. I'd sort of expected it this week, given the holiday crowds, so was surprised.

edited to add - Maybe they just don't card old wimmenz b/c Starla just said she had to show it on every ride...