Right now I'm reading "All I Ever Wanted" by Kristen Higgens... light romantic comedy...

As far as what else is on my Nook... That varies from the Twilight Saga, the full Halo (video game background) series for my oldest son, Tom Clancy novels that Matt reads and a variety of Biscuit books for the lil guy...

Love how with just the one Nook, all of us use it... Matt uses the Droid app on his phone, Nicky uses the PC app on his computer, Matty the I Pod app... not sure how the kindle or other e-readers work but with B&N, you can have up to 6 seperate Nooks and all share one online account... love it!

Right now I'm reading "All I Ever Wanted" by Kristen Higgens... light romantic comedy...

As far as what else is on my Nook... That varies from the Twilight Saga, the full Halo (video game background) series for my oldest son, Tom Clancy novels that Matt reads and a variety of Biscuit books for the lil guy...

Love how with just the one Nook, all of us use it... Matt uses the Droid app on his phone, Nicky uses the PC app on his computer, Matty the I Pod app... not sure how the kindle or other e-readers work but with B&N, you can have up to 6 seperate Nooks and all share one online account... love it!

I know I have found with the Nook I try authors that I would never come across before. I am a pretty eclectic reader, so I just love that you can download a sample before you buy. :soapbox:

I've had my Kindle for about a year and a half now.  Right now it is full of hundreds of books that I've downloaded for free.  The book I'm reading now (and have been reading for probably a month...no free time) is called Summer at Willow Lake.  It was another freebie and so far I'm enjoying it when I have time to read.

I've had my Kindle for about a year and a half now.  Right now it is full of hundreds of books that I've downloaded for free.  The book I'm reading now (and have been reading for probably a month...no free time) is called Summer at Willow Lake.  It was another freebie and so far I'm enjoying it when I have time to read.

gotta love the freebies :banana:

So far the stuff on my Nook is purely "junk" I've bought the Calder Series by Janet Dailey, then whatever free Harlequins I can find on there :-)  I read on airplanes and when I come back to the hotel for lunch.

I read a lot of "junk" too, recently most everything Sherryl Woods has written

I'm currently reading My Twenty Years In Buckingham Palace by F. J. Corbitt.  My recently read books include: Death and the Running Patterer by Robert Adair; Kaleidoscope by Dorothy Gilman; My Life in France by Julia Child; Tragedy at Two and Threats at Three (Lois Meade Series) by Ann Purser.  I also have lots of free pamphlets etc on British palaces and castles. 

I recently finished The Red Queen and The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. And The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. The Anne of Green Gables series was my Summer reading.

I like lots of different types of books. It all depends on my mood :rofl2:

I like Philippa Gregory.  I have The Red Queen and The White Queen on my Wish List.  I've already read a few of her other books in paper and also some of the Allison Weir books.  I have a few Tasha Alexander books downloaded; but, I've not yet read any of them.  The Nook came with Louisa May Alcott's Little Women which I had never read.  When I finished it, I downloaded all of her other e-books and read them.  Most were free or very cheap.

If you like light British mysteries I recommend the two Anne Perry series.  Did you know that Anne Perry spent time in prison when she was a teenager for helping murder her friend's mother? 

I just got my Kindle last week  :partythree:, so I am still learning the ins and outs..I am currently reading "A promise to remember" by Kathryn Cushman. It is one of the freebies. I imagine if I stayed off this site a little longer I just might get to finishing the book LOL!.

I just got my Kindle last week  :dance:, so I am still learning the ins and outs..I am currently reading "A promise to remember" by Kathryn Cushman. It is one of the freebies. I imagine if I stayed off this site a little longer I just might get to finishing the book LOL!.

Yeah, that's why my reading is limited to airplanes and lunch break at the hotel. Don't fire up the laptop on the plane and I leave it at the office for lunch. Otherwise, I've been here!!!!

I just got my Kindle last week  :dance:, so I am still learning the ins and outs..I am currently reading "A promise to remember" by Kathryn Cushman. It is one of the freebies. I imagine if I stayed off this site a little longer I just might get to finishing the book LOL!.

It's a tough choice some days. Nook or laptop. the laptop usually wins :dance:

Susan Wiggs is a favorite of mine!!! I have all of her books, but not in Ereads yet, still old style paper. The Lakeshore Chronicles is a great series!!! I try to keep my reading to the Harlequin "junk" but not the trashy ones, more the contemporary romance... I have too much stress and issues to get into a "serious" book, so at least that part of my life I keep light and I know at the end of the book, there will be a happy ending  :heart: :heart: :heart:

Some other goodies for authors if you like the Willow Lake reads would be Sherryl Woods, Debbie Macomber, Robyn Carr (Virgin River series is amazing- far fetched, yes, but dreamy...lol)

Come to think of it, I think I might just let the laptop cool down and go grab my nook for a while  :banana:

I'm re-reading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. It's a neat trick, actually. He wrote Cryptonomicon first, then wrote the Baroque Cycle. But the Baroque Cycle is made up generally of characters who wind up being the ancestors of characters in Cryptonomicon. (Well, except for one character who's in both books, never mind that they're set 300 years apart...)

After I'm done with that, I've got everything Terry Pratchett ever wrote waiting for me. He's great.

Some other goodies for authors if you like the Willow Lake reads would be Sherryl Woods, Debbie Macomber, Robyn Carr (Virgin River series is amazing- far fetched, yes, but dreamy...lol)

Thanks for telling me about the other authors!  I've read a few of the Debbie Macomber books (she was one of my mother's favorite authors), but I've never heard of the other ones.  I'll have to check them out.

I've got a Kindle.  Right now I'm reading Anna Karenina ~ by Leo Tolstoy.  It's loaded with mostly freebie old classics (my faves anyway).    :dance:

Kim, do you have the links for the free Kindle books?  There are two pages that I look at every day that are full of free books.  There is a lot more out there than the classics.  Let me know if you want the links.

The term "cozy mystery" describes a lot of the books I read.  This website http://www.cozy-mystery.com/ is organized by author.  If you are looking for a new series to read, it's a good place to start your research.

Wow, I had never heard of cozy mysteries!  I just checked out the webpage and that looks like my kind of book!  I've bookmarked that page and will definitely be checking it out when I'm looking for new books.  Thanks for the link!

I read that whole series and loved it.

Does the series have the same characters?  I didn't realize that it was part of a series.

Does the series have the same characters?  I didn't realize that it was part of a series.

Yes they do, wish I could remember the name of all of the books. If I get a chance later, I think I have them in the house someplace I will post them.