I've had my Kindle for about a year and a half now.  Right now it is full of hundreds of books that I've downloaded for free.  The book I'm reading now (and have been reading for probably a month...no free time) is called Summer at Willow Lake.  It was another freebie and so far I'm enjoying it when I have time to read.

I read that whole series and loved it.

Does the series have the same characters?  I didn't realize that it was part of a series.

Here is series:

Summer at Willow Lake

The Winter Lodge

Dockside

Snowfall at Willow Lake

Fireside

Lakeshore Christmas

The Summer Hideaway

Marrying Daisy Bellamy

The serises has the same "cast" through the series and adds onto it through each new book. I love the setting and when I read the books, I usually feel like I am right up in the Catskills along with the characters...

If I can get that lost in a book- its a winner for me!!!! Enjoy!!!

I am a big Science Fiction/Fantasy fan and found a great site with a HUGE free library available for Nook, Kindle, PDF and other formats.  http://www.webscription.net is the web site of Baen Books.  I have the whole free library on my Nook.  Last year for the my birthday I got about $100 in B&N gift cards, so I have been buying books from them as well.  Currently reading "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss.

I've got a Kindle.  Right now I'm reading Anna Karenina ~ by Leo Tolstoy.  It's loaded with mostly freebie old classics (my faves anyway).    :bravo:

Kim, do you have the links for the free Kindle books?  There are two pages that I look at every day that are full of free books.  There is a lot more out there than the classics.  Let me know if you want the links.

Thanks Holly, I'd love to have the links.  It's been a while since I've downloaded anything. 

I've had my Kindle for about a year and a half now.  Right now it is full of hundreds of books that I've downloaded for free.  The book I'm reading now (and have been reading for probably a month...no free time) is called Summer at Willow Lake.  It was another freebie and so far I'm enjoying it when I have time to read.

I read that whole series and loved it.

Does the series have the same characters?  I didn't realize that it was part of a series.

Here is series:

Summer at Willow Lake

The Winter Lodge

Dockside

Snowfall at Willow Lake

Fireside

Lakeshore Christmas

The Summer Hideaway

Marrying Daisy Bellamy

The serises has the same "cast" through the series and adds onto it through each new book. I love the setting and when I read the books, I usually feel like I am right up in the Catskills along with the characters...

If I can get that lost in a book- its a winner for me!!!! Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the list!  :dance:

I've got a Kindle.  Right now I'm reading Anna Karenina ~ by Leo Tolstoy.  It's loaded with mostly freebie old classics (my faves anyway).    :dance:

Kim, do you have the links for the free Kindle books?  There are two pages that I look at every day that are full of free books.  There is a lot more out there than the classics.  Let me know if you want the links.

Thanks Holly, I'd love to have the links.  It's been a while since I've downloaded anything.

This one is from Amazon.  The left side shows the top 100 paid for books and the right side is the top 100 free books.  It is updated every hour.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/ref=pd_dp_ts_kinc_1

The other one that I check is:

www.kindleboards.com  Go to the The Book Bazaar (the fourth board down), and look for the Free books for March.  Be careful on this one though.  Sometimes people will post that a certain book is for free, but by the time you read the post it might not be free anymore.  I accidentally bought a book the other day that had been posted earlier in the day, but didn't pay attention when I bought it.  Turns out it was $2.99.  I was able to get Amazon to reverse the charge.

I've got a Kindle.  Right now I'm reading Anna Karenina ~ by Leo Tolstoy.  It's loaded with mostly freebie old classics (my faves anyway).    :thewave1:

This one is from Amazon.  The left side shows the top 100 paid for books and the right side is the top 100 free books.  It is updated every hour.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/ref=pd_dp_ts_kinc_1

The other one that I check is:

www.kindleboards.com  Go to the The Book Bazaar (the fourth board down), and look for the Free books for March.  Be careful on this one though.  Sometimes people will post that a certain book is for free, but by the time you read the post it might not be free anymore.  I accidentally bought a book the other day that had been posted earlier in the day, but didn't pay attention when I bought it.  Turns out it was $2.99.  I was able to get Amazon to reverse the charge.

Thanks, I'll check them out tomorrow.  :thewave1:

Last night I had my nook signed onto the network and I started searching for my home town.  Here are lots of old pamplets, booklets, out of print books all for free.  Don't restrict yourself to searching for your favorite authors.

I found: 

Proceedings of the centential celebration of the First Presbyterian Church of Lancaster Ohio...1905 (this is the church my mother attended when she first moved to Lancaster in the late 1940's). It might be fun to spend a few minutes on a rainy evening looking for the names of school-mates grandparents. 

Extempore on a wagon; a metrical narrative of a journey from Bethlehem, Pa., to the Indian town of Goshen, Ohio, in the autumn of 1803.   Don't know if I'll read it but it was free and sounds like it could be interesting. 

You also find books that you never would have known about otherwise:

Dream Chasers of the West  is the true story of Clara Augusta Miller, an intrepid woman determined to create a new life for herself in the American West. In 1913, unmarried and alone at the age of thirty, Clara left Minnesota and headed to Montana to file a homestead on free land. Impervious to the dangers that awaited her, Clara thought she could find happiness with a piece of land and a Jersey cow, but life wasn't that simple. Clara settled on the remote southern border of Glacier National Park. It was a time when neighbors helped each other to survive, and when men were tough, but the women were tougher. In many ways, Clara's story is the story of countless settlers who were destined to leave their impact on the West, people who experienced despair and anguish, and whose graves lie largely unmarked and unvisited. B.L. Wettstein spent three years researching Clara's life and legacy, including oral interviews with people who knew Clara. Much of this fast paced book is based on Clara's remarkable letters to friends and family. It includes a collection of historic photos of Clara, her family, and the places she lived and worked.