Sometime around the early 1980's my inlaws had a family portrait made in WDW where their family was dressed in Victorian costumes standing on a set made to look like the rear of a Disney caboose.  My MIL would love for us to do something like that again.  We have done the Instant Ancestors at Old Town in Kissimmee, but would like to do it through Disney.  Is there anything like that available now?  I don't remember seeing anything.  I doubt she wants one of the official sessions - I think those are probably quite pricey.  Anyone have any ideas?

According to this "Moms Panel" response from 2011, those old time photos are no longer available at WDW.  That's a shame...I would think they could make a killing with one of those studios in Frontierland.  Maybe could repurpose some of the Golden Horseshoe space for that. 

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?sort=&page=&qid=124763&pid=44&cid=93

Thanks for the info.  I will pass it along to my MIL.  Maybe we will have better luck with Photo Pass on our next trip.  The last big trip we paid for the CD in advance.  Wouldn't you know we only got 2 decent pics???  We do better with our own cameras or happy accidents with photo pass.  The portrait sessions they advertise now look pretty, but not what she is looking for.  Oh well, no one can get both of our boys to look at the camera at the same time anyway!    (Is there an emoticon for herding cats???)