What would you try to accomplish with only one day at Epcot?

We are hoping and praying to return to Fort Wilderness this autumn.  Last trip, we were able to spend our one park day at the Magic Kingdom.  It was an amazing day!  This trip, we thought we would try Epcot.  My dh was there backin the 70's, but the rest of us have never been.

I really want to try to do it all.  I know that is very ambitious, but it will be "off season" with low crowds.  We did manage to do everything we wanted at MK, even riding some rides more than once, plus watching the parade and fireworks, which we hadn't planned to do.

If you had only one day to share with your children at Epcot, what would you do?

Soaring and Test Track for sure. I love Illuminations! I have not done it, but many people love the Kim possible missions around the World Showcase. Turtle Talk is very cute. We always do Livin with the Land, not a thrill ride, but neat still. There is a ton of things to do at Innoventions that are really neat. I know you can spend days here, but I do believe you can a lot done in a day! :rofl2:

1.  I would defer World Showcase for another trip and focus on the pavilions with breaks in innoventions.

2.  Make rope drop and go to Soarin' or Test Track while a non-rider gets fast passes for the other.  If everyone is riding then have one person get the fastpasses after you come off the first ride while the rest of the party checks out another attraction.

3.  Enjoy the rest of the day at whichever attraction interests you.  If your not doing WS you shoud have plenty of time for the rest.

p.s. If I only had 1 day at the parks I would go to MK.

Epcot is our favorite park, so if we only had one day this is where we'd be.

Soarin' & Listen to the Land

Test Track

Ice Station Cool

Mexico (for browsing and ambiance, not the ride)

Maelstrom

Stop in China if a show is going

Shop Germany

Grab a slice of pizza to share in Italy's new quick service

American Adventure

Poke around Morocco

Poke around Japan

Dinner at Chefs de France

Impressions de France film

Skip UK and poke around Canada and see the film

Return to UK, shop, get a fish n chips and beers and camp out lakeside for Illuminations

That's a great day in our books. Oh, don't forget a Grand Marnier Slushie at France.

If you are staying there all day & doing it all - at line drop:

1) Mission Space

2) Test Track

3) Go to Soarin' & get fast Pass

4) Eat a quick breakfast at Sunshine Seasons

Depending on Soarin' Fast Pass time

5) Go to Seas with Nemo

6) Journey into Imagination - Captain EO

7) Start World Showcase - we will usually do about half now

:bravo: Come back to FW and do Inoventions / Spaceship Earth (the line you see at Spaceship Earth is all the line there is, no hidden ques)

9) Do the other half of World Showcase & pick a good spot for Illuminations

Most do the American Adventure - check for showtimes

Also check for showtimes for other shows around World Showcase.

Favorite places to eat - CS

Sunshine Seasons - The Land - don't forget the desert area

Tangerine Cafe - Morrocco

Lotus Blosum - China

Ice cream at Fountain View Cafe - by the big fountain

Don't forget to hit Club Cool - sample Coke products from around the world & its free !!

Soarin and Test Track are must dos.  Otherwise we just mill about and do whatever catches our eye or doesn't have a long line.  If you were a child of the 80's, Captain EO is a good 'blast from the past", otherwise I would skip it.  The world showcase will take a fair amount of time if you go from country to country without  some kind of idea of what there is to do in each one.  If you aren't worried about seeing it all though, I would wait until evening and then just do WS at a more leisurely pace.  If you don't make it all of the way around, then you have something to do next year.  :rofl2: 

We only did Epcot the last time we went. 

First thing we did was get a fast pass to Soaring and then we did everything else we wanted to do before we left.

Soaring would be a must

Nemo and Turtle Talk

Imagination

Test Track and Mission impossible.

I love the countries too  sometime you just hit it right and you will see each country and there little street show.  It maybe alot but I think you can do it if you can make it happen without it being to hectic.

My kids like to drink beer with me!

No they don't.

Your sister goes along to make sure you don't spend too much money on overpriced Disney crap.

They don't?

and how come I have so much over priced Disney crap?

One of these days, Al, I'm gonna find a way to be sitting in Germany or Mexico with you, drinking beer and buying overpriced Disney crap.

Oh, sorry, I just read the "with children" part of your question! I know nothing about doing EPCOT with kids. I'd certainly make TurtleTalk a priority.

Turtle Talk with Crush in a favorite.  Start with Soarin'.  If you get there early while the lines are still short, get a fast pass for later and then stand in line to ride it.  When done at Soarin', exit the building and go to the left.  Ride the Nemo Clamshells (I don't know its proper name) and the end of it is right near Turtle Talk with Crush.  By then it might be time for your Soarin' fast passes.  I think Soarin' is definitely worth riding multiple times. 

Only you know if your kids can handle Mission Space (I choose not to ride it) or Test Track.  The inside part of Test Track is OK.  The outside part is very fast with racecar-type cornering.  Younger ones might not like it. 

I like The Land boat ride through the hydroponic gardens.  It would be a good thing to do after lunch when tummies need to settle before riding more rides, or when the kids need a rest.  They might even see a Micky-shaped pumpkin!

Turtle talk with crush, since you have kids.  Although, if i only had one day for a park with kids id go back to MK.  MY dd15 loves epcot but dd's 5 &11  are done with epcot after 1/2 a day.  This past trip our 2 oldest spent the entire day doing the Kim Possible thing.

If it were just me, I would go back to the Magic Kingdom, esp. for 4yo princess fan.  My 14yob voted for Animal Kingdom, as that is where his interests are.  But the rest voted for Epcot, so I am trying to make that great for them.  I  deally, I would like to spend the next few months studying the various countries and cultures and then count Epcot as a homeschool field trip.  ;D

Thanks for all the input everyone!

The nice thing about Epcot is that its so big and has so many aspects to it that if you look hard enough you can find a small slice of all the other parks somewhere in there.....

It really can be all things to all people if you look for what each person might like and point them in the right direction.

;D :heart: :heart: :dance: :dance:

The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends. First the ride. Then explore the aquariums. Then go do Turtle Talk with Crush.

Try to make Soarin and Test Track.

Spaceship Earth.

DH says Mission Space is a must. I wouldn't know. I don't dare find out. :D

Grab food at a Quick Service in WS.

Definitely ride the boat rides in Mexico AND Norway.

Don't miss Illuminations. It's my favorite fireworks show! :))

Depending on when in the fall you are coming, and what day of the week you plan on going to Epcot, you should be able to do everything in one day if you get there at rope-drop.

If you are coming during Food & Wine - all bets are off.  However, now that I've said that, during F&W it's just the food/booze booths and the walkways that are jam-packed.  You can't take beer on the attractions!!  :rofl2:

If you are coming during Food & Wine - all bets are off.  However, now that I've said that, during F&W it's just the food/booze booths and the walkways that are jam-packed.  You can't take beer on the attractions!!  :popcorn:

Yikes!  It is during the Food and Wine Festival.  Would that make doing the World Showcase difficult?  We are planning to go mid-week on a non-Magic Hour day.  Now I am starting to re-think everything.  Argh!

If you are coming during Food & Wine - all bets are off.  However, now that I've said that, during F&W it's just the food/booze booths and the walkways that are jam-packed.  You can't take beer on the attractions!!  :popcorn:

Yikes!  It is during the Food and Wine Festival.  Would that make doing the World Showcase difficult?  We are planning to go mid-week on a non-Magic Hour day.  Now I am starting to re-think everything.  Argh!

Mid-week I would think you should be ok. I think it is busier on the week-ends

If you are coming during Food & Wine - all bets are off.  However, now that I've said that, during F&W it's just the food/booze booths and the walkways that are jam-packed.  You can't take beer on the attractions!!  :D

During F&W there are kiosks about every 100 feet or so representing many countries of the world through food and wine (and beer, and slushies).  At night and on the weekends it is a freaking circus of obnoxious drunks wandering around world showcase.  Not so much in Future World, as there are no food & wine kiosks.  Mon-Wed is slower than Thurs-Sun, for obvious reasons - the locals gotta work!!