Disney World options for guests with special diets

Posted on the Disney food blog...

Walt Disney World Recognized for Providing Options to Guests With Special Diets

Mar 3rd, 2011

by Kim.

Babycakes NYC Cupcakes in Downtown Disney are perfect for many special diets

Guests traveling to Walt Disney World with special diets rave about the exemplary attention that they received while dining at WDW restaurants. We often hear that WDW listened to their concerns and responded with menu choices that were not only safe but also delicious.

So, it?s not surprising that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts have been recognized for their dedication to providing options for guests dining with food allergies by the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network. Tom Staggs, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resort accepted the FAAN Corporate Leadership award.

In 2009 alone, WDW accommodated 250,000 requests from guests with special dietary concerns. WDW responded with meals geared to food allergies, kosher, sugar free, gluten free, lactose intolerance and vegetarians.

Seconding the dedication of Walt Disney World to special diets, the GlutenFreeTravelSite gave Florida the title of ?World?s Most Celiac-Friendly Destination?. Karen Broussard, founder and president of the website noted that Disney does an excellent job of accommodating gluten-free diets.

Check out our detailed info for guests with special dietary needs [link below], and call 407-824-5967 to discuss meal options that will be available to you during your WDW vacation.

Special dietary needs info here - http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-dining-references/#SpecialDiets

Full article here - http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/03/03/walt-disney-world-recognized-for-providing-options-to-guests-with-special-diets/

My son is allergic to eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts.  We had no problem with his allergies during meals.  In table service restaurants someone from the kitchen (chef/manager/etc) came out and discussed food options with us.  They made his allergies such a non issue that for once when dining outside our house we didn't have to worry.  At the quick service meals in the park, we just carefully chose places that would not cause a problem (Tortuga Tavern, Pizza Planet, Sci-Fi Diner).  Our resort restaurant, despite being quick service, also had someone who would cook our son an allergy free meal if there wasn't anything available... this did require some waiting but that was ok.

I belong to a group who avoid foods with petro-chemicals (crude oil) in them due to the neurological changes they cause.  Many of the members rave about how great WDW is at catering to their special needs, even having chefs come to the table to discuss what would be safe for their children to have. I have never taken advantage of this (Disney food prices for my group are way out of our budget), but it is so great to know that this exists.

For more info on how petro-chemicals can effect you and your family, you can got to http://www.feingold.org and feel free to pm me any questions you have.