I'm tired of marshmallows, how do you like your hotdog

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like mine steamed with beer then just a tad bit of ketchup. Now my Mama on the other hand, likes hers with everything! One day she was saying she didn't know why she had heartburn so bad when she had just eaten a hotdog with chili, cheese, saurkraut, pickle relish and onions! :D

I like mine a little burnt with mustard and relish.

BUT, the best hot dogs I ever had were in Bethlehem PA.  There are two or three small restaurants near Lehigh U. that make Greekers.  They are hot dogs topped with Greeker Sauce, mustard, and raw, chopped, white onion.  When I asked what Greeker sauce was, I was told it is the stuff scraped off the grill at the end of the night.  LOL  I have not had any in many years, but I still miss them.  I have found a recipe on AllRecipes for Grrek Sauce for hot dogs.  I might try that this week to see if it is close to what I remember. 

Like em little burnt with my home made vegetable relish.

Could you share the recipe for this?  Please???

steamed with beer.. are you serious or is this a joke!! if its not can you tell me how ya do it so I can try TODAY!!!  :)

I grew up with a Granddaddy who thought Lums was the only place to eat! Just bring beer to a gentle boil, place hot dogs in steamer, turn down to simmer and cook for about 10 mins or so!

Actually, I am not a big hot dog eater, but if I am gonna eat them, I want them steamed or grilled.

Almost two whole pages, and no off-color humor yet? Get your minds into the gutter and act like real Fiends!

I like foot longs, nicely warmed!! (is that better)