Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting

Cynthia Cartwright Zabriskie shared Foodies TV's photo.

Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting Ingredients: 1/2 C quick cooking oatmeal 3/4 C boiling water 1/2 C sugar 1/2 C brown sugar 2/3 C flour 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 egg 1/4 C of shortening Directions: Mix the oatmeal with the boiling water, stir and cover. Mix the remaining ingredients then stir in the oatmeal mixture. Grease and flour a 9×9 pan. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes. Coconut Pecan Frosting: 3 TBS melted butter 1/3 C brown sugar 1/2 C sweetened shredded coconut 1/2 C chopped nuts 2 TBS milk 1/2 tsp vanilla Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Carefully spread frosting over the top of the cake. Broil until coconut is just brown. Watch very closely – it doesn’t take long. Cool, slice and serve.

Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting

Ingredients:

1/2 C quick cooking oatmeal

3/4 C boiling water

1/2 C sugar

1/2 C brown sugar

2/3 C flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 egg

1/4 C of shortening

Directions:

Mix the oatmeal with the boiling water, stir and cover. Mix the remaining ingredients then stir in the oatmeal mixture. Grease and flour a 9×9 pan. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes.

Coconut Pecan Frosting:

3 TBS melted butter

1/3 C brown sugar

1/2 C sweetened shredded coconut

1/2 C chopped nuts

2 TBS milk

1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Carefully spread frosting over the top of the cake. Broil until coconut is just brown. Watch very closely – it doesn’t take long. Cool, slice and serve.

Or you could come up and stay in the guest house and we can eat this for breakfast every day.   8)

Ah, but I would have to wait until May for that.  i suggest you make some this weekend, mail me a piece, and that will tempt me further to make the trek north, come spring.  ^-^