One thing I forgot to mention- the BB family raft ride is much better than the family raft ride at TL.  The one at TL is probably only half as long, and you have to roll your raft up to the start.  I've heard it said that the BB family raft ride is the longest in the world, and they bring your raft to you via conveyor belt.  There is no height restriction for the family raft ride at either park, so this is something the whole family can enjoy.

This is another reason whey I recommend BB for families with younger kids and TL for families with teens.

TCD

One thing I forgot to mention- the BB family raft ride is much better than the family raft ride at TL.  The one at TL is probably only half as long, and you have to roll your raft up to the start.  I've heard it said that the BB family raft ride is the longest in the world, and they bring your raft to you via conveyor belt.  There is no height restriction for the family raft ride at either park, so this is something the whole family can enjoy.

This is another reason whey I recommend BB for families with younger kids and TL for families with teens.

TCD

Seriously, a huge thanks for all the help. Are wait times (this will be on Friday, September 26) long for rides? We usually buy fast passes at other parks if those are available. However, I know there's not an option like that here. 

Seriously, a huge thanks for all the help. Are wait times (this will be on Friday, September 26) long for rides? We usually buy fast passes at other parks if those are available. However, I know there's not an option like that here. 

At BB, the only attractions that have long wait times are the two giant slides that your kids are probably too small to enjoy anyway.  Otherwise, I've never found it to be too bad.  On a busy day, you might have a 30 minute wait for the family raft ride, or for the ski lift that takes you up to that area of the park.  But, the nice thing about a water park is that even if it's super-busy, you can always hop in the lazy river or the wave pool with zero wait.

We always would approach the water parks like we do any other park- be there at opening to knock out the big rides, and then enjoy the stuff you can do with no waiting when the crowds show up.

Also, we sometimes take a break in the middle of the day when it's busy and then go back for the last hour or two before closing. 

I don't think the end of September is prime water park time.  In fact, you may want to check and make sure both waterparks will still be open then,  During slow times, they typically will shut one down at a time for refurbishments.

TCD

I don't think the end of September is prime water park time. 

The chart below shows that Sept is an excellent month because it's less busy and the temps are still high.

WDW_zpse6b40c7e.jpg

In fact, you may want to check and make sure both waterparks will still be open then,  During slow times, they typically will shut one down at a time for refurbishments.

TL is scheduled for refurb at the usual time, the last week in Oct.

The chart below shows that Sept is an excellent month because it's less busy and the temps are still high.

WDW_zpse6b40c7e.jpg

TL is scheduled for refurb at the usual time, the last week in Oct.

Your chart might be more useful if there was some explanation for what the red, green and black bars represent.

What I meant by saying that September was not prime waterpark time is that it would be less busy than during the summer.  I think that is what your chart shows.

TCD

It's not my chart. It's a composite chart from a crowd level web site.

Red is busy, don't go.

Green is slower, go.

Black is in-between.

Avg. temps are along the top.

Thanks, I remember seeing this chart before.

I'd say it looks accurate to me- the only thing that might not be right is March/April, depending on where Easter falls.

TCD