Traffic/Construction Reports

Leaving from northeastern PA in about two weeks for the fort.  My route will be 81 south, 66 east, 17 south to Fredericksburg, va, where I pick-up 95 south.  Wondering if any members have made the same route or parts of the route and what construction and/or delays you ran into?  Thanks

Frank

Haven't done it in a couple years, but our favorite route is 81 to 77 to 26 to 95. It's referred to as the "truckers route" as many use this to avoid the tolls going down 95. Distance wise it only adds a little time to our trip, but there is not nearly the volume of traffic we run into on 95, and the toll savings, especially towing the fifth wheel, is substantial. 

Whichever way you go, Have a safe trip!

I expect congestion at Richmond and always get it.  I tried a bunch of other routes including those mentioned and I found the 17s route the best for me.  I few years back I did take 26 into 95 by Charleston and must have hit every sizable town at the perfect rush hour am and pm, probably my impeccable timing.  My friend who drives for a living also recommended the 81,77,26, 95 route, but I seemed to be fighting traffic all day that way.  Thanks for the reply and if your hear anything please keep me informed.