SCAL online or just on the puter

I just downloaded the trial version. I am not sure, I needed the computer to download the trial, but they will send you a cd if you pay extra for it. If you just want to use things that are on your computer already I don't see why u would need to go online. But there are many SVG files that are online.

They do have a fourm, if you google sure cuts a lot fourm you will find it.

I was fooling around with the SVG file that Chris sent me of Snarky, I want to see if I can cut it, when I broke it apart there were 46 layers, that's a lot of cutting. I have to fool with it some more.

I also tried to import our Alumacar logo and it came out strange. I love the idea that u don't have to use cartridges, if you don't want.

I had also downloaded Make the Cut, but as of last week they were sued by Provo Craft and it doesn't support the Cricut any longer. BTW there is also a lawsuit against SCAL, not settled yet, I just hope if I buy it, I will still be able to use it.

Also look around for prices, one I saw was $74.99 and there is a company that is selling it for $54.99

thanks, lorna.  i will hold off for a while.  i am just thinking if there is a program out there that i could take the laptop to crops to cut with.  instead of buying a gypsy.  but, duh-- i can or should be able to put my design studio on the lap top.  i know i still have to take my cartridges but, i have them and why spend more money.

thanks for clearing the smog from my brain.. :rofl2:

Do you have to have internet to use the SCAL?  or is it just a program to use on the computer.

You do not have to have Internet access to use the software.  You download the software, then utilize it, or they will send you a CD if you wish.  (I don't think that is necessary tho).  Any updates to the software can be done by a download online.... they will not send you a new CD with each update.

I use SCAL on my laptop.

There is a facebook page to "boycott Provo Craft", you can search for what I have in quotes and it will come up.

I will continue to use what PC items I currently have, but when I need to replace my E, it will be with a different cutter.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought SCAL in January and my husband sold the laptop that it was on. I only used it a few times but I did like it!

I just need to find time to use my Cricut. The thing I hate about PC is their Design Studio can only be used on a window computer and all we have are Mac's.