any car rental deals out there

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I can say this here,.....but the best deals as far as car rentals can be found on Mousesavers.com.  :banana: They have an entire section dedicated to car rentals. I try every discount they offer for various companies.

Very often there are public discounts and you just need the code. Even Walmart customers have a code. Meaning..the general public. Of course there are discounts to certain organizations as well. I have found the public ones are usually better. They also list coupons. Many of the companies allow you to combine both a code and a coupon. Be careful when it comes to fees for additional drivers though. Again, some don't charge for a spouse, and other's won't charge as long as it's a family member living at the same address. I almost always check the site before renting a car.

You might also want to sign up for specials and e-mail with the carriers you're thinking of renting from. You will get promotional offers that may apply to your time of travel.