NO MORE PIN TRADING TABLES AT EPCOT

On our last visit this past December my family and I were very disappointed to see that the last of the pin trading tables had been removed from the EPCOT pin trading station. My kids have enjoyed pin trading for many years (I admit I enjoyed it too) and in the last couple had gotten to the ages where they would put out their bags for people to look through and hopefully make a few trades. Of course I'm sure there were issues and we ALWAYS supervised our kids while trading. We will still miss the fun and the chance to make new friends.

It was very fun especially when the kids were smaller...My daughter collects Chip & Dale and my son would collect transportation and Star Wars...Some days we would just walk through the parks in search of employees with landyards...The pin trading stations gave them an opportunity to add a few nice pieces to their collections...A couple of years ago they removed the tables at Downtown Disney..In April they had removed half the tables in EPCOT so the writing was on the wall...

I enjoyed it when it first started.  I soon lost interest when the sharks came out and it was demanded that you give up 4 and 5 pins for something they had.  To me, that was not good trading and I just lost interest in it.  Now I have a cupboard full of pins and paraphernalia and I rarely get them out.