What are you planning to use it for and what model? I don't own one but the models I am familiar with from searching myself are construction grade and don't have an inverter. This makes them unsuitable for use in powering things like computers and other electronics that need a stable power source.

One thing that would concern me is that these generators are manufactured in China, not known for their quality and serviceability.  While they say that they have automatic voltage regulation I wouldn't count on them producing clean enough current for use where sensitive electronic devices are used.  keith_h is correct when he suggest that any generator you purchase be an inverter generator which will have better regulation technology than those that are intended for use where better regulation is not an issue.

I would also be concerned about the engine on imported generators as many of them are not the best quality.  The better known brands such as Honda and Mitsubishi and the like are your best bet.  Of course these usually cost a great deal more than the others, but if you search around you can probably find some other brands that are also of the inverter type that are not quite as expensive.  It does depend upon what you intend to use the generator for and how much wattage you need.

What are you planning to use it for and what model? I don't own one but the models I am familiar with from searching myself are construction grade and don't have an inverter. This makes them unsuitable for use in powering things like computers and other electronics that need a stable power source.

Only as a back up, for the one or two times a year that we might loose power....

One thing that would concern me is that these generators are manufactured in China, not known for their quality and serviceability.  While they say that they have automatic voltage regulation I wouldn't count on them producing clean enough current for use where sensitive electronic devices are used.  keith_h is correct when he suggest that any generator you purchase be an inverter generator which will have better regulation technology than those that are intended for use where better regulation is not an issue.

I would also be concerned about the engine on imported generators as many of them are not the best quality.  The better known brands such as Honda and Mitsubishi and the like are your best bet.  Of course these usually cost a great deal more than the others, but if you search around you can probably find some other brands that are also of the inverter type that are not quite as expensive.  It does depend upon what you intend to use the generator for and how much wattage you need.

Price.  That's the issue for us.  Not sure if we'll actually buy one as it is something that we would probably only use once or twice a year.  I'm asking about that brand as I found a 4000w for $200.  

As Ray points out you get what you pay for. I would have qualms about a $200 generator. I use an 8500 watt construction grade generator for backup and it is adequate for what I need. I use it to run our well, fridge/freezer, portable heaters, fans etc. I do not use it for any modern electronic device (TV, sound system and so on). Our unit is 14 years old, American made and ran around $600 back then. The equivalent model today is around $800 - $900. My guess is something in the 3000-4000 watt range would be $400 - $500 with an American made engine.

I have started looking at the smaller Honda and Yamaha inverter generators. They are very well thought of and some of the models allow you to connect two together for more output. They are much lighter and quieter than our current generator. An added advantage is we can take them with us when we travel. Something I can't do with our current one. I really like the idea of not having to worry how I charge the trailer battery when we are dry camping as these same models have built in battery chargers. Yes they appear expensive on the surface but when you consider this is a lifetime purchase, to me, the cost doesn't look as bad.