You had me with grilled cheese... we will DEFINITELY hit the Poly one day!!  ;)  Is that Kona?

The grilled cheese and Dole Whip are at Captain Cook's Snack Co.... the food court-type CS at the Poly.

Oh perfect!  We love to find cool CS to eat at - we are not meal-plan people - always OOP.  Going to the Poly would be super-easy after a long morning at MK.  Then we can just stay on the monorail back over to CR to catch a boat back to the Fort.

I think I've got it - we will have probably 3 park days where we go to MK in the morning, so one day is Captain Cook's, one day is Cosmic Rays and the other day is Crystal Palace.  CP is a great character lunch - and not as pricey as some others. 

Thanks for all the help!!!

I feel the same way. We did the free dining a couple of times, even free I didn't like being a slave to ADR's. I'm more a grab and go kind of person.

Christopher and I ate at the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary for a late lunch yesterday. I had the grilled sandwich with Turkey, apple butter, brie and apple slices. It was huge and is served with fries and it was good! Chris had a HB and thought he was getting a side salad with it, but the salads are huge also.

Christopher and I ate at the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary for a late lunch yesterday. I had the grilled sandwich with Turkey, apple butter, brie and apple slices. It was huge and is served with fries and it was good! Chris had a HB and thought he was getting a side salad with it, but the salads are huge also.

Ooh good to know!  We've actually never tried Contempo.  We'll put it on the list for next time.  For those interested, here's the menu from The Mouse For Less as of 1/2011...

Dine in a 90-foot high atrium as you watch the monorail whisk by. Enjoy a selection of sandwiches and side items and finish off with something from their bakery!

Restaurant Info: Lunch/Dinner A la carte, $

Menu

Flatbreads

Marinated Beef Flatbread - $8.29

Pepperoni Flatbread - $7.39

Cheese Flatbread - $6.99

Hot Sandwiches

Spice-crusted Mahi - $9.19

Hot Turkey Sandwich - $9.09

1/3 Pound Angus Chuck Burgers:

American Cheese - $8.29

Cheddar Cheese - $8.29

Pepper Jack Cheese - $8.29

Hamburger - $8.19

Honey-Lime Chicken Sandwiches:

Pepper Jack Cheese & Salsa Ranch Dressing - $8.89

Salsa Ranch Dressing Only - $8.89

Pepper Jack Cheese Only - $8.89

Plain Chicken Sandwich - $8.89

Salads

Steakhouse Salad with Mustard Dressing - $8.09

Chicken Chop Salad with Avacodo-Buttermilk Dressing - $7.69

Caesar Salad with Chicken - $7.79

Caesar Salad - $5.39

Vegetable and Bulgur Salad with Yogurt-pesto - $6.69

Pasta

Chicken Basil Cream Pasta - $8.39

Pasta Marinara - $5.99

Cold Sandwiches

Smoked Turkey BLT - $9.19

Stacked Ham Sandwich - $9.39

Sides

Chilled Sesame-Green Bean Salad - $2.19

French Fries - $2.49

Hous-Made Chips - $2.19

New England Clam Chowder - $3.29

Vegetarian Menu

Cheese Flatbread - $6.99

Vegetable and Bulgur Salad with Yogurt Pesto - $6.69

Vegetable Bake - $6.99

Vegetable Bake (No Cheese) - $6.99

Pasta Marinara - $5.99

Kid's Choices

Pepperoni Pizza - $4.99

Cheese Pizza - $4.99

Cheeseburger - $4.99

Hamburger - $4.99

Turkey Sandwich - $4.99

Chicken Nuggets - $4.99

Bakery

Bagels: Plain or Cinnamon Raisin - $2.59

Danish: Cheese or Cherry - $2.39

Croissant - $2.29

Chocolate Croissant - $2.79

Sliced Bread (Two pieces of white or wheat) - $0.69

Cookie: Chocolate Chip or Sugar - $1.99

Cupcake: Caramel Dos Leches, Black Forest or Pina Colada - $3.99

Muffin - $2.59

Dirt and Worms Cake - $2.29

Brownies - $3.29

** Menu and Prices are Subject to Change Without Notice **

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/wdw/ContempoCafe.shtml

Let me just mention also, it is quiet there at lunch time! They have the touch-screen ordering system and we were a bit confused at first. You place your order on the touch-screen then move to the cashier. They will give you a number and they call the number when it is done. My sandwich was hot off the grill, not mass-prepared.

That sounds really cool, too!  Is the Contempo Cafe inside the main building - or is there a view of the lake or monorail or anything interesting?  I guess the same question goes for Captain Cook's. 

Yes, we are definitely not slaves to our food.  I am not a stranger to having a dinner of a turkey leg and popcorn -  :(

Our last trip we were surprised at the variety of CS places out there - and we didn't even come close to scratching the surface!

Cosmic Rays has a pretty good rotisserie chicken.  How do you spell rotisserie?  It's good anyway, and it comes with really good mashed potatoes and green beans.

Agreed!  I was actually surprised at how good it was - even the green beans!

My daughter's favorite CS for the chicken. Burgers with the topping bar is great, especially the hot cheese sauce for your fries.

That sounds really cool, too!  Is the Contempo Cafe inside the main building - or is there a view of the lake or monorail or anything interesting?  I guess the same question goes for Captain Cook's. 

Yes, we are definitely not slaves to our food.  I am not a stranger to having a dinner of a turkey leg and popcorn -  :rofl2:

Our last trip we were surprised at the variety of CS places out there - and we didn't even come close to scratching the surface!

It is in the main building on the same floor as Chef Mickeys. You can see the monorail by looking at the level above you, it is open.