My wife's aunt lives in Clermont. I know one thing: if you are planning to travel back and forth to the parks the lights on the way to WDW from Clermont are a royal PITA, and there's a zillion of them.

I live in Clermont and the lights can be a pain.  The Elite resort is located right at the intersection of 192 and 27.  When I drive 192 in the morning, the lights aren't bad, although some of the drivers are.  Once it hits 10AM or so in the busy seasons, the traffic can really back up on 192.  The solution would be to turn onto Avalon Road at the traffic light (it has a WaWa on the corner).  Then turn right onto Hartzog Road and follow that to Western Way.  Western Way till bring you to Buena Vista Drive next to Coronado Springs.  Cuts out all of the traffic lights.

I was looking at the route up to Western Way on a map and was hoping that could be an answer.  We drove the 27/192 route a couple of times last week and I can see where it could get busy and crazy. 

But has anyone heard any good or bad about the resort itself.  It seems nice and cost seems reasonable enough.  I can't find anything real bad on line, so I was hoping for some personal experiences. 

I was looking at the route up to Western Way on a map and was hoping that could be an answer.  We drove the 27/192 route a couple of times last week and I can see where it could get busy and crazy. 

But has anyone heard any good or bad about the resort itself.  It seems nice and cost seems reasonable enough.  I can't find anything real bad on line, so I was hoping for some personal experiences. 

I used to live in a development on the west side of Lake Davenport, which the resort is near.  I never heard anything bad about the resort, and it was only about a half mile away.  The one thing I would check is the ratio of full time vs part time residents there. Some of the campgrounds have a higher amount of full time residents than you may be expecting.  Best to drive through and look.