Menu update at Casey's Corner - Magic Kingdom REVIEW

A review of the new dogs posted to the Disney Food blog...

Guest Review: New Specialty Hot Dogs at Casey?s Corner

Apr 4th, 2011

by AJ.

Thanks again to Sarah Holodick, who took time out of a busy weekend to review the new specialty hot dogs at Casey?s Corner in Walt Disney World?s Magic Kingdom! (Specialty dogs seem to be the in thing at the Magic Kingdom, eh? Take it away, Sarah!

What a delicious day! Casey?s made some changes to their menu, and Matt and I decided to check them out.

100_2671-443x550.jpg

The main draw for me was the Chicago ?style? dog, and Matt had the Barbecue Slaw Dog on his agenda. Now let?s get to TASTE!

100_2672-500x375.jpg

We?ll start with the Barbecue Slaw Dog. Be forewarned: fork and knife required! It featured some delicious pulled pork and a flavorful slaw. The slaw was crisp and worked well with the smoky pulled pork and hot dog ? A definite repeat! It was easily two meals with the amount of pulled pork and slaw on it. Even the cast member commented that someone went a little crazy in the kitchen, and other guests were even in awe of what we had ordered!

100_2674-350x466.jpg

BBQ Slaw Dog

Now you have me, the gal who is originally from Long Island. I have standards for pizza and dogs. I grew up with my dogs (preferably Nathan?s) being slathered in mustard and sauerkraut. I tackled the Chicago ?style? dog at Casey?s, and I can?t complain. It had flavor, and it was decent. I was looking for more, though.

There was nothing wrong with the dog; it was just kind of boring. I know a real Chicago dog would have been different. The relish was slightly sweet, and the banana peppers, which stood in for sport peppers, added a nice crunch. I?m glad that, although not a poppy seed bun, they included a sprinkling of poppy seeds atop the accouterments. Authentic? No, but it lived up to the ?style? as advertised.

100_2673-350x466.jpg

Chicago Style Dog

Overall, I think both hot dogs are a great addition to Casey?s menu, but best value goes to the Barbecue Slaw Dog. It had been many years since I ordered from the establishment; well before they changed the hot dogs from all beef.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/04/04/guest-review-new-specialty-hot-dogs-at-caseys-corner/