I stumbled upon an interesting campground while doing research for my website.  It is called Caboose Lake Campground and it is located in Remington, Indiana.  In most ways, it is just a normal family run campground, but the cool thing about it is that they have a caboose as a rental unit! 

Here's a picture of the outside:

rental1.jpg

And the inside:

caboose3_small.jpg

It's not the Ritz (I personally think that the TP and bar of soap on the kitchen counter is a nice touch, though :thewave1: ), but it has a kitchenette and a bathroom.  What more do you need! I personally have never stayed at this campground, so I can't report on that, but I thought that the caboose was cool.  If you are interested in learning more about this campground and the caboose, here is a link to their website:  http://www.cabooselake.com/.  If anyone has stayed here, it would be interesting to hear about it.

We've overnighted there a number of times, I've never noticed the Caboose.  The campground is nothing special, it just happens to be at the perfect distance for us to overnight on our way south.  It is litterally right on the freeway (the northbound lanes can't be 50 yards from the property).  The 'lake' is, no doubt, a result of the hole dug for the fill needed to make the freeway overpass next to the property.  As far as we can see, there's nothing, litterally, anywhere near the campground, as far as one can see off to the horizon.

That said, the people are very nice and the campground is kept clean.  We've stayed in far worse.

We've overnighted there a number of times, I've never noticed the Caboose.  The campground is nothing special, it just happens to be at the perfect distance for us to overnight on our way south.  It is litterally right on the freeway (the northbound lanes can't be 50 yards from the property).  The 'lake' is, no doubt, a result of the hole dug for the fill needed to make the freeway overpass next to the property.  As far as we can see, there's nothing, litterally, anywhere near the campground, as far as one can see off to the horizon.

That said, the people are very nice and the campground is kept clean.  We've stayed in far worse.

The website said it was new in 2010.  I'm not sure when in 2010 though.  Your review sounds like what I would have expected after looking at their website.  A little family run place that attracts mostly folks passing through who want to stop for the night.  But a caboose is COOL and everyone needs an angle, right?  :panic:

Nice Caboose you have there Lisa, looks very comfortable.      :D

I haven't been told that in years, H!  Thanks!  :mort1:

Would have been cool if they went all the way and got some rails and the steel train wheels for it. Looks tacky with the trailer tires :-\

I thought that too, but I wasn't sure I wanted to tell Lisa her caboose looked tacky.    :rofl2:

Would have been cool if they went all the way and got some rails and the steel train wheels for it. Looks tacky with the trailer tires :-\

I thought that too, but I wasn't sure I wanted to tell Lisa her caboose looked tacky.    :rofl2:

Sometimes you just gotta throw the truth out there and see what happens :rofl2:

Maybe the caboose was new in 2010, I'm certain we've stayed there a couple nights in 2009.  I'm sure their utilities are not that new.  Perhaps the current ownership has had it for just a couple years?

A couple other thoughts on the property.  One, they can handle the biggest of rigs, although the big rigs will, by necessity, be parked in the section immediately next to the freeway (pull throughs).  Their utilities are not well thought out, especially on some of the longer sites.  Sewer on one end of the site, electric on the other.  It can be a challenge to use full hookups on some sites.

I thought that too, but I wasn't sure I wanted to tell Lisa her caboose looked tacky.    :(

Sometimes you just gotta throw the truth out there and see what happens :(

The tires come in handy when you need to haul a..  er,  haul your caboose.  >:D

I thought that too, but I wasn't sure I wanted to tell Lisa her caboose looked tacky.    :siren:

Sometimes you just gotta throw the truth out there and see what happens :siren:

The tires come in handy when you need to haul a..  er,  haul your caboose.  :argh:

Yes but the steel wheels could haul some major caboose

I thought that too, but I wasn't sure I wanted to tell Lisa her caboose looked tacky.    :siren:

Sometimes you just gotta throw the truth out there and see what happens :siren:

The tires come in handy when you need to haul a..  er,  haul your caboose.  :popo:

No wonder nobody has commented on my caboose in years...  I'll have to start exercising!!  :argh: